Against Jumbo Jormuntor Pt.1

Naoki's POV 

I managed to dash out of the park and go home without being spotted spying by any of the Bey Club.

'Alright Naoki,' Marin began. 'I have compiled the results of my analysis of the influence of the other bey club members on Valt Aoi.'

'Perfect,' I grinned, turning towards a computer. 'Let's see.'

'Rantaro Kiyama.'

His face popped up, as well as a line graph, showing pretty much no influence.

'That's it huh?' I asked myself. 'Who's next!'

'Daigo Kurogami.'

This graph showed slightly better results, but it was still only average, nothing to big, nothing to low.

'Pretty average. Next!'

'Wakiya Murasaki.'

His face was displayed, and the line graphy showed lots of big ups and downs.

'Wow,' I muttered. 'Well, I can pretty much disregard this as well. Next up.'

'(y/n) (l/n).'

Her face appeared, with a slightly above average graph. This was better than the rest, but still didn't reach that certain height I was looking for.

'Shu Kurenai.'

I gasped. I remember something, before our second battle, before I had lost some points. Valt had turned around.

'It's a promise, Shu!' he had said, showing Shu his bey. 

It matched up with the line graph, showing all highly positive influences.

'So that's what driving him...' I muttered. A plan started to form in my head, and I smiled wickedly. 'Did I mention that I love science?'

----------------

Your POV 

'Are you nervous about Jumbo Jormuntor now that you've heard Jin cheats?' I asked Shu.

We were on our way to math class, and Valt had already told us how Naoki sent him a video and that Jin cheats.

'Not in the slightest,' he replied. I smiled. We started climbing up the stairs. 'Besides, I don't think information from Naoki is very reliable.'

'But he's a scientist! But all the same...we don't know him very well,' I said. 'What makes him want to help us?'

'Exactly,' agreed Shu. We walked up another staircase, but a voice called out.

'Wait!' We turned around to face Valt and Honcho behind us. 'Shu! You're supposed to stay behind us. We're supposed to be your bodyguards.'

'Bodyguards?' I laughed. 'Why would he need bodyguards?'

'To protect him from Jin!' exclaimed Valt.

'This was your idea; I never asked for it,' Shu said. 

'Yeah, but what if something bad happens to you?' Valt argued.

'I'll be fine.'

'You don't know!' cried out Valt. 'Jin could be hiding in the ceiling planning a sneaky suprise attack!'

'Yeah, what he said,' Honcho agreed, closing his eyes and crossing his arms. 'It's serious business. That's why you need us to protect us from any threat. We're tought guys! There's nothing we can't handle.'

'And cue the theme song,' I muttered sarcastically.

'Woah, I had no idea how cool we were!' said Valt in excitement.