Childhood Sweethearts ▪ Hyunjin

Yeon Sung's POV

Today is the day! I'm so excited because my best friend will be coming home. They have been staying abroad for a whole ten years.

Hwang Hyunjin, is my childhood sweetheart or more like my best friend. Since they moved to the States, we lose communications.  But for me, that is not a problem because even if we don't talk to each other, the special bond we share when we are still kids connect us.

"Yeon Sung! Hurry up! They are already here." My unnie, Ha Won, said while knocking on my door. Everyone in our house are super excited for their arrival. They will also stay in our house which makes me super happy.

I went out of my room and immediately run downstairs. My Eomma and Appa are already in front of a couple which I think are on their 40's. I think they are Hyunjin's parents. I can't really remember them since we didn't see each other often back then.

A guy, so tall with fair skin and black hair towered over his parents. His jet black eyes darted to me as his lips curved up. I don't know but I find him really attractive wearing a white shirt, black ripped jeans and my cute bunny slippers. Who let him wear my slippers by the way?

"Hyunjin!" I immediately approached him and hugged him as tight as I can.

"Yeon Sung, don't hug Hyunjin tightly. He can't breath." Eomma said and smiled. I let go of the hug and pulled Hyunjin towards my room where we usually play dolls before. Even if he is a guy, he will still play dolls with me just to make me happy.

"How are you?" I asked. He just smiled and looked over my room.

"I really really missed you Hyunjin." I smiled widely and sit on my bed. We have a lot of things to talk about.

"You didn't change. You didn't mature." That's the first thing I heard from him after ten years. I looked at him and laughed. He is standing in front of me while looking straight into my eyes.

"Of course I won't change. I'm still the girl you'll marry after 15 years." I smiled joyfully.

"Happy Birthday Noona Ha Won!" A boy approached my sister. Today, my family and I are going to celebrate my sister's birthday and my birthday at the park. My sister is exactly four years older than me.

"What about me?" I cried as I watch my sister happily accepted the pink box that the boy gave. I caught the boy's attention. He went near me and hold my shoulders.

"I will give you a present when it's your birthday so don't cry okay?" He comforted me.

I cried harder. "It's my birthday today too." The boy looked surprised as he looked at my sister.

"It's her birthday today too dongsaeng." Unnie Ha Won said.

"Is that so? Daebak! Don't worry baby girl. I will give you a present on your next birthday." The boy said and hugged me.

Since then, we started playing together. We became super close. He even admitted that he is closer to me than his first friend, my sister.

"Happy birthday my baby girl!" He greeted me on my birthday.

"Hyunjin, you should marry my daughter when time comes." My Appa said and laughed. Eomma slightly slapped his arms and laughed together with Hyunjin's parents.

Hyunjin pulled me towards our favorite spot, the swing. He let me sit on the swing as he kneel in front of me.

"My baby girl, marry me after 15 years." He said and  slid the pink ring on my ring finger. I smiled and nodded.

I am still ten and his eleven when he did that. Even if I'm still a kid back then, he is the guy I really wanna marry.

"I'm a kid when I did that stupid proposal. Haven't you forget about that Yeon Sung?" He looked amused.

"I miss you Hyunjin." I said,trying to divert the topic.

"I didn't even miss you a bit." He said and went outside of my room. What was that? Why is he acting that way?

• • • • • • •

I'm really sorry for not updating the passed few weeks guys. I'm actually having a REAL summer vacation with fam cuz school is just one week away😧

BTW, thank you for the 5k+ reads🎉 I'm super happy cuz I wasn't expecting this AT ALL. Thank you so much guys and Iloveyouall💕