No More Hiding ▪ Hyunjin

The night sky witnessed how happy you are as you walked to the empty pathway towards your home. You're smiling widely as you slightly sling the tote bag on your shoulder out of excitement.

'So this is how it feels to experience a date?' You thought.

You went out on your first date today with the guy you really liked. He was one of the silent- shy type guys on school who only show up when you have school activities. Though you didn't really know his personality, he is quite nice on your first date. He shared to you all his likes and dislikes without feeling any awkwardness. He also consider what you like when he ordered your foods.

"Do you like the foods?" He asked. You smiled and nodded.

"Of course! You ordered my favorite foods." You answered and smiled, slightly closing your eyes. It was a habit of you to do that expression when you are happy.

"Cute." He whispered, but you heard it.

"I heard that." You said and giggled.

"I won't deny." He shrugged his shoulders and smiled.

"It was nice meeting you." You honestly said before putting a spoonful of rice on your mouth.

"I'm happy too."

"I thought you're a shy guy? Everybody in the class considered you as one. Sort of introvert." You rolled your eyes after stating the last word.

"I'm not. I'm just bored. And do you think a shy guy would ask you out?" He chuckled.

"That's quite offensive!" You said as a joke.

"It's not, okay? That's even a compliment. I mean, you're famous at school and nobody would even dare to ask you out because they thought you already have a boyfriend."

"Can you distinguished if I had a boyfriend?" You said and seat properly, acting like a lady.

He was not able to reply. You just stared at each other's eyes, drowning in your thoughts.

"Sir, all your orders are served." The waiter cut out your staring game. He smiled awkwardly and nodded to the waiter, slightly giving glimpses to you.

"I didn't thought I'll be really comfortable on my first date." You laughed.

"People are really comfortable with me, you know." He said, trying not to sound like his bragging about it. But you admit, because of his lively attitude, all your anxiousness faded away. It looks like you are already good friends.

You pressed the password on your apartment and entered. It was dark, very silent but you are already used to it since you live alone for years. Instead of wanting to have other people in the house, you find your comfort living alone. Your past experience having someone around the house was not even as happy and lively as you thought it would be.

You were turning on the lights in the living room when you noticed that the lights in the kitchen sink is on. You started to feel anxious but your phone beeped from your bag. You fished it out and it was a text from Hyunjin, the guy.

Hyunjin:

You home?

You:

Yes. But something's weird.

You hold your phone firmly as you went to your room. The lights were off so you sighed as you felt relief. You convinced yourself that you just forgot to turn off the light in the sink.

You reached for the switch and turn it on. You gasped as you saw the person you never wanted to see again.

"W-what are you doing here?" You stuttered.

"Surprise, surprise."

You slowly take steps backward and hold the tote bag firmly.

"I missed you." He said in a very creepy voice. He is your step father. When your mom died, he started to abuse and touched you. You thought you will be in peace since he went to jail but now he is in front of you again.

"Don't come near me." You continue to step backward.

"Baby, it's been awhile." He said and looked at your from head to toe.

"Rapist!" You shouted and started to run. You didn't looked back as you tried to open the main door as fast as you could.

"Don't run away. Don't hide. I will always find you." He said. You glance at him before opening the door. He isn't running after you. He just walk slowly.

You run as fast as you could to the elevator but someone is still there so you went to the stairs instead. Your breathing starts to hitch as you stopped at the door in between the stairs. It's the small room for cleaning materials. You tried your best to fit in and slowly sit.

Tears fell down on your cheeks. Sweat started to slide down from your temple. Trembling, you tried to type a text to someone that might help.

You:

Help! I'm at the stairs.

You turn off your phone and slightly pushed the door to peek if he's coming. Your eyes widen when he walks down towards you. His eyes are wandering around, with a very creepy smirk on his face.

"I can see you... Don't breath. I can hear them." Your hands flew to your mouth to stop your sobs.

You close your eyes and prayed that someone might help you.

'Is it going to happen again?' You thought.

The creaking sound of the door alerted you and you immediately opened your eyes.

"Stop right there!" It was the cop. There are three police officer who went near him but he didn't even fight back or runaway. He just stand there, eyes wide open with his hands on his hair.

"I just miss my daughter! I just miss her!" He exclaimed as he tried to loosen the grip of the cops on him.

You wasn't able to stand up as you felt your knees are too weak. Tears started to fall from your eyes again, but this time, with relief.

You saw Hyunjin coming near you with a concerned expression.

"I was so worried." He said and hugged while he is knealing.

"I-I thought it's going to happen again." Your voice cracked.

"No. Never again because I'll be here now." He said and caressed your hair.

"Shhh... don't worry. You don't need to hide anymore." He hushed you.

"Thank you."

•••••••••

Another unplanned oneshot hahahaha anyways, this book is almost 100k reads. I didn't even expect it. Thank you so much guys! Iloveyou all♡ Thank you for your support and appreciation(charot).

Btw, I read my old oneshots and found out all the errors from typos to incorrect grammars and I just realize how stupid I am. Yes, I am and not I was because I'm still stupid hahahaha but yeah, thanks again. Sml♡

School's starting and I'm taking ABM as my shs strand. I'm kinda focus on studying rn so I might not be able to update that much but yeah, you're used to it hahahaha