Don't Die II ▪ Jeongin

We are currently under a tree. The a bench under it looks old but it was able to survive while Jeongin and I sit. Most of our classmates are still fixing their tent but I'm done with it. Thanks to the help of Jeongin.

"I'm drowning!" I shouted. He looked at me with wide eyes.

"Your thoughts are deep." I giggled. He's been looking at an empty space for a while, looking so occupied.

An amused expression showed on his face.

"Nobody can't clearly hear us so care to share what you're thinking?" I asked and looked into his eyes to get his attention.

There was a long silence before he attempted to speak but closed his mouth again. He sighed. "I like you, Rahae. A lot." He said. The joyful eyes I always see became sad. He looked down on his feet and wiped something on his face.

"Are you crying?" I'm worried. I tapped his shoulder but still no response.

"It's okay. I like you too." I confessed. He maybe looked cold to others but he has a warm heart. He is kind.

"I'm sorry." He replied.

"For what?" I asked. He raised his head and I saw tears on his eyes flowing.

"For liking you."

"Why?" I asked. He smiled before his body collapsed in front of me. I was not able to move immediately. But I tried to wake him up.

Our teacher rushed Jeongin to the hospital and canceled the camp. Nobody complain about it because we are all worried about Jeongin's condition.

"Where is Jeongin? Where is he?" An old lady approached the doctor who is talking to the teacher. She looked so worried. Sweat rolled down on her cheeks and she is shaking.

I stand up from my seat and open the door of the room where Jeongin was. The room is not that close but it's suffocating. I don't like hospitals.

I sat on the chair behind his bed and looked at his hand. He looked so pale. He looked like someone I didn't knew.

"What is happening, Jeongin?" I asked under my breath while holding his hand. I could feel the tears trying to escape from my eyes. This reminds me of what happened to my brother. He is ill but he didn't tell us. It's too late when we knew about it.

"Who are you?" I startled when someone spoke behind me. I saw the old lady enter the room. She seems a little calm now.

"Hello, ma'am. I am Rahae. His classmate." I replied. She sat at the other chair opposite mine and looked at Jeongin. Her tears started fall again. I could hear her sobs.

"Are you his mother?" I asked. She nodded while still crying.

"My son. My precious son..." She carressed his arm.

"What is wrong, ma'am? Is there something we need to worry about?" I asked.

"My son has a severe illness. He didn't tell you?" She said. I was speechless for a moment. I looked at Jeongin.

Is he enduring it all this time?

Why didn't he tell me?

Does he not trust me enough?

----

I woke up after feeling that someone has been stroking my hair. I slowly rub my eyes and an angelic smile welcomed me.

"Good morning." He almost whispered. I smiled at him.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

His mood suddenly change as he shift his body on the other side.

"I'm not feeling well. But having you here is much better."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I'm trying to be calm.

"Because I will die anyway."

"No! You will survive, Jeongin! I won't let that happen." I shouted. Tears flow down on my cheeks again. He looked at me while also crying.

"Thank you for making me happy always. You gave light to my world. You're my universe, Rahae. I'm sorry." He slowly carressed my face.

"Fight, Jeongin. Don't die."

-------

I don't know what is happening in this story hahaha I just wrote down whatever scene I could think of that's why it became sooooo loooooongg. I'm sorry about that. By the way, I have some draft oneshots but I was not able to finish all of them. Maybe I'll edit and post it soon. Hope you like this! Thank you so much for reading!

Anyways, I'm starting to write a Hwang Hyunjin short story but still thinking if I should publish it or not because I'm not really good in English and that story was purely made out of basic English words. But if ever I will, please do support me. Thanks!