Keep the Secret pt. 2- Newt

The next day...

You woke up early in the morning and ate dinner with Newt and Thomas.

Everyone was acting really weird. Some people would avoid talking to you and some would be awkward especially Newt.

"Newt? Why is everyone acting so weird? Did something happen while I was asleep?" you ask.

"Uh...well...uhh..ya see...well...urm..I have to uh go to the...the gathering!" he says and runs off.

"Newt! Wait! I'm coming too!" you shout and run after him. Then he turns around and puts his hands on your shoulders.

"No, you can't go to the gathering. Promise me? You can not go! Do you hear?" he says seriously, changing moods.

"Uh, sure..." you say.

Then he turns around and starts walking the other way but you stop him by putting a hand on his chest.

"Newt, please. Tell me what's going on. Please!" you plead.

His eyes trail to the ground.

"I...I can't...i'm sorry..." he says and runs off.

"Maybe Thomas will tell me," you mutter.

You head to find Thomas and you see him with his hands in his face.

"Thomas? Are you alright?" You ask.

"No, those slintheads," he mutters.

"What? Who?" you ask.

Then he looks flustered, "I, uh...I shouldn't have said anything...I better get to the gathering..." Thomas says and you help him up.

"Please Thomas, i've already asked Newt, and he didn't tell me anything. Your my brother-" you say.

"Yeah! And my job as your brother is to protect you," he say and walks off.

"Protect me!? What the hell?!" you say and sit up against the tree pouting.

Five minutes later, the gathering that you were banned from, also Chuck was not allowed either.

He approaches you, "Hey? Why aren't you at the gathering?" he asks sitting down next to you.

"I'm not allowed, Newt's orders," you sigh. You?

"Me too. Thomas said I was too innocent," Chuck says.

"To innocent?" you ask.

"Ya, they said they were discussing something about how some boys....oh shoot sorry! I forgot!" he exclaims.

"Forgot? Are you kidding?! Tell me what the hell is going on!!!" you scream.

He flinched back and looks afraid.

"I- I should go," Chuck says and runs away.

"No, Chuck! Wait! I'm sorry!" you call but he doesn't hear.

You are on the verge of crying when you are overcome by anger. The confusion is too much to handle.

You charge down the field and just as you are about to open the gathering hall door you hear Newt shouting.

"Those shanks bloody sexually assaulted her! How are we suppose to--" Newt shouts but he stops when you push the door open.

"Y/N! What are you doing her?!" Thomas and Newt say.

"I-I-I...Who? Who was it?!" you ask breath getting heavy.

Newt looks at you.

"I'm sorry," Newt says

"Who was it!!!" you scream.

Minho points to two boys sitting in a row apart from others.

You stare at the boys that you don't even know too well.

"Bastards," you say and run out of the room.

dedicated the thirlwclls-
thanks for all your support
also i <3 all you readers! thanks for loving newt.