Stop (pt.3) - Newt

Night eventually falls and Thomas is forced out of the homestead and to his hammock.
But Newt's room is right next door to you.

It pains him to hear you cry at night. And the worst part was, he didn't know what he did.

But he did see a scratch on your face, one that you winced at when the tears from your eyes fell upon it.

He needed you, he needed answers.

Newt whispered your name, "Y/n, Y/n," he whispered.

Soon after, he couldn't take it, he was desperate. Even if it would get him thown into the slammer or even banished, he crept down the hallway, and picked the lock to your door.

He walked across your room and stared down at your sleeping body. So delicate, perfect.

Then he reached down and gently shook you awake.

Your eyes slowly fluttered open but soon widened when you saw Newt.

She gasped but before you could scream Newt covered your mouth.

"I'm tired of waiting love, you have to tell me what I did to you," Newt whispers.

He slowly moves his hand off your mouth.

"It's me," you say, "I became leader and provoked this, I was unaware of what it did to you. I'm so sorry," you say.

"When I'm drunk I act a fool," Thomas starts.

"So, you took me into a shack," you look down, "and...pushed me on the bed..." you start feeling the need to cry.

"No, no, I- I couldn't have...no, tell me I didn't..." Newt says fearing that he raped you and doesn't remember.

" Newt says fearing that he raped you and doesn't remember

You continue, "you ripped my shirt open," you croak out.

You feel a chill wet piece of something on your hand, a drop of water, a tear.

Newt is crying gently.

Please, I love you

"But then, you left," you say, "you left before anything else happened," you say.

"How do you explain the mark on your cheek? I know your leaving stuff out," Newt mutters.

"No, I'm not," you say.

Newt reaches down to your face and traces the cut along your cheek.

You wince in response and remember the pain.

"Did I do this to you?" Newt asks.

You pause, "Yes," you mumble.

Then you feel yourself being pulled into a warm embrace.

"I'm sorry, I know I will never be able to fix this. I'm so sorry love," Newt says.

You continue to hug him for a while.
One hand of yours on his upper back the other on his lower back. His arms wrapped around your body, hands on your waist and back.

Your head rests in his chest, his on your head.

You just stay. Stay with him. And forgive.