Walk you home - Thomas Sangster

The prom ended abruptly. And your date was suppose to give you ride home, but he ditched you.

You wait outside, rubbing your arms to keep warm.

You scan the parking lot and sidewalk for anyone that could give you a ride.

Your face lights up when you see Thomas.

"Thomas!" you call out to him.

You see him turn, pulling out from a quick kiss that was given to him by his girlfriend, Isabella.

You two were not just friends, you meant everything to each other. Best friends for 13 years had its perks. But you weren't in the relationship with love. He had a girlfriend.

"Is that Y/N?!" he shouts.

"Yup," you say walking towards him, and finally reaching him.

He pulls you into a hug and then places his hands on your waist and sways side to side.

"Tommy what are you doing?" you ask laughing slightly, but also nervously, because Isabella was eying you suspiciously.

"I never got to share a dance with my favorite girl," he says, smiling stupidly.

"Are you drunk?" I ask him, also directing the question at Isabella.

"He only had one drink," she informs.

I give her a confused look, she returns it with a shrug.

"Look, I'd love to stick around but my Mom wants me home. Bye," she says, and runs off. Her heels fading as she disappears into the darkness.

"Uh Tom?" I ask, getting his attention by waving my hand in his face, "can you give me a ride home? My date-"

"Your date is a tosser." Thomas states, interrupting me.

"I-" I was lost for words, "so can you give me a ride?" you repeat.

"Yeesss," he says, dragging out the words.

You roll your eyes at him.

"I'm serious," you say:

"We can walk to my yard, yeah?" Thomas says.

You look at him before nodding.

He takes a step foreward and you mimic his actions. Suddenly shivering at the slight gust of wind that blows from the direction you are headed.

You bite your lip to stop the shaking and wrap your arms around yourself.

"It's freezing isn't it?" you ask him.

He looks back at you, looking down. He was always taller than you, except when you were 13.

"Not really," he says.

Then something sparks in his eyes as he looks at you. He quickly begins to remove his jacket.

"Thomas! What are you doing?!" you exclaim, afraid that this seemingly drunk Thomas would just strip off his clothes right here.

"Turn around will you?" he asks.

"What are yo-" you persist but Thomas shushes you again.