The New Boy - Newt

The greenie was coming up in the box today. You hoped it would be another girl, but that was highly unlikely because you were the only girl in the Glade.

---
You stare down into the box as it opens. You asked Alby if you could be the one to jump in and greet the greenie. He reluctantly said yes.

You slowly lower yourself into the box along with the frightened greenie. When you land, the greenie looks up at you with dark brown eyes.

"Hello," you say, "don't worry, I won't hurt you," you smile, bending over to help the new greenie stand.

This greenie had dark blonde hair and a thin build. He seemed reserved.

"I-I..." he tries to speak but you cut him off.

"It's alright greenie. First, let's get you out of this shuck box," you say kindly.

He nods.

You pull him up out of the box and when you touch his hand, you gasp at his touch.

But you hide it and soon you are both out of the box.

As soon as the greenie is up, everyone crowds around and Gally does his signature 'shove the shoulders to intimidate the newbie'.

"Hey! Leave him alone!" you say pushing Gally away from the newbie.

"You know I like to do that to the greenies! Let 'em know who I am!" Gally snickers, "your the only one I didn't do that to, because your a girl!" Gally smirks, as you clench your jaw.

"C'mon greenie," you say angrily and you grab the newbie by his shirt and pull him aside.

"Whoa...uh I don't mean to be rude...but who are you?" The greenie says.

You stop pulling him and let go of his shirt.

"Oh...I'm really sorry, I probably seem like a total shank...but I just want to be your friend," you say.

"Oh, I'm fine with that," he says.

"Wait, talk again!" you exclaim.

"Alright?" he says.

"Wow! You have a cool voice," you say.

He surprisingly blushes, "Thankyou," he smiles.

An awkward silence creeps in so you step in, "I'm Y/N by the way, do you have a name?" you ask.

He chuckles slightly, "Yes, my name is Newt," he smiles and reaches his hand out to shake your hand.

You smile and shake his hand and feel the familiar sensation.

"Do you feel that?" You ask.

"Yes," he mumbles.

Conversation goes on and you and Newt become quite close, plus you love his accent.

It has turned into night and the campfire is going on, but you and Newt are still talking by the fire.