Chapter 3: Everybody Hurts Sometimes

{See Pic for What Characters Look Like and What They Are Wearing!!}

< Song for the chapter is Everybody Hurts by Jasmine Thompson. I attached it to this chapter. I will let you know when to start playing it :) >

-Harry's POV-

"Two Freddie Bartholomew's please" I ask the bartender.

"That will be 7 Pounds. I'll have them to your table in just a few, the first act is going on now."

"Thanks mate!" I say, dropping 10 quid on the bar and heading back to my table.

I feel aweful for being so late to meet Lou. I know she only has so much quality time with her family before we head out on tour. I just really needed some company tonight, and all the lads were busy.

I made the mistake of reading some twitter hate today, and it made me feel wretched. People that don't even know me hate me. I just want to know why. They never seem to actually give a reason... just rude remarks. I hate knowing so many people think badly of me. I really needed to lift my spirits, and it came down to either calling Lou or going on a bender. With all the trouble management has been giving us, I chose option 1, calling Lou. Thankfully she forgave me for being a total arse.

As I get back to our table, Lou puts her phone away and smiles up at me. Maybe she wasn't really that bent about it. Maybe I could convince her that she doesn't need to touch my hair to get her revenge.

"Drinks should be here any minute. I think the first act is about to go on. What are they laughing about?" I nod my head towards the people right up by the stage.

"Great, I heard she is really good. Who's laughing?" Lou asks, searching in the direction I was looking towards.

"The people up by the sta..." Suddenly I see a woman appear, walking across the stage. She is right fit. Litterly stunning.

Her long brown hairs flows behind her as she quickly walks. She glances towards the audience and I get to see her face. Wow she is just beautiful.

Her taupe dress is short, revealing slender legs. She has a black heels on, and a black belt around her waist, accentuating her small frame. She is short, probably just a little more than 5 feet. She is so small. I instantly feel the need to give her protection.

I tear my eyes away from her body, trying to push away the thoughts of taking her back to my flat and finding out what is under that dress.

Composing myself, I take note of how nervous she is. She is shaking like a leaf. I want to beat the piss out of those fools for laughing at her. They have no idea how stressful performing in front of an audiance is.

When she opens her mouth, I have to strain to hear her from the noise coming from the bar behind me."I-I'm Ava McCain. I'm going to sing a s-song I wrote. It's called Everybody Hurts." She sounds so scared. I hope she doesn't pass out during her performance, she looks like she could any second now.

As she places her fingers on the piano keys, its as if she becomes another person. Her shaking stops. Her whole body relaxes. I see her take a deep breath and smile to herself. Wow, that smile is something I will be thinking about when I fall asleep tonight. That among other things...

I lean forward in my chair, resting my elbows on my knees.

Start Song Now (Everybody Hurts by Jasmine Thompson)

The music begins and she plays effortlesly. Not even glancing down at the keys, her fingers glide across them like they are part of the piano themselves. How I wish I could play like that, compose a melody so sweet. Closing her eyes, she lets herself get swept away. She begins singing and my mouth slightly drops open. I think Lou is trying to say something to me, but I zone her out. Her voice is amazing. It wraps around the words in the perfect way, making every word have more meaning.

When your day's long, and the night, the night is yours alone.

When you're sure you've had enough of this life.. Hang on..

Don't let yourself go. Cause everybody cries.

And everybody hurts... sometimes

I instantly feel a pain in my chest, you can tell she has been broken by someone. The feeling she puts into the song proves it.

sometimes everything is wrong, now it's time to sing along

When your day is night alone, if you feel like letting go

If you think you've had to much of this life.. Hang on..

Cause everybody hurts, take comfort in your friends

Everybody hurts sometimes.

As she plays on, it's like everyone else in the room disapears. I see only her. She is perfectly imperfect.

Sometimes...

I suddenly see a hand right in front of my face. "Harry Edward Styles have you gone mute!?" Lou yells at me.

"Bloody hell Lou! You scared the piss out of me!" I say, pushing her hand away from my face.

Applause is heard around us and she is gone. Walking quickly off the stage, I can tell she was immediatly nervous again.

"Ava McCain.... I need to meet her." I start to stand up, preparing to head backstage.

Lou pushes me back down in my seat. "Calm down lover boy. Wipe your face, there's drool running down your chin. Give her a couple minutes. I have an old friend here who knows her. She could introduce us."

"Yeah.. Right, that would be better. Yeah.. As long as I DO get to meet her." I say, trying to calm myself down, I wipe my palms on the thighs of my pants. Why am I sweating so much?

Lou laughs at my lack of composure. "Better than the whole running backstage like a lovesick school boy? Yeah I think so. Get ahold of yourself Harry, this isn't like you."

"I know, that's why I have to meet her Lou."

"Well calm down. I'll find my friend, and you can have a proper meet. Then you can get to the snogging"

I roll my eyes at her very incorrect assumption. "I don't want to just snog her Lou. This isn't about taking her to my bed. I want to get to know her. Her writing is amazing. Think she is just what the lads and I have been looking for."

"She doesn't come across as a girl who will let herself get passed between the five of you. But I have been surprised before."

"Lou you're such an arse. We've been looking for a songwriter to join us on tour... help us write songs for the new album. It's the only time we are all together, and we want the songs on our next album to really be us. Show our fans how we really feel and what we are really thinking. And her song was just so raw, she didn't sugarcoat it. It was ace, and I know the lads will think so too."

Lou sighs and gets up from her chair. "Sorry I had that pegged all wrong. Though I don't think any of the lads would mind a go with her.."

"Bloody hell Lou, sod off!"

"I'm just kidding!" She laughs. "I really do think she would be perfect for that. Now stop cursing at me, and let's go find my friend."

_________________

A/N: If you are enjoying the story, please vote! It only takes a second and it would mean so much to me and to getting my story out there! Thanks!! ;)