Chapter 40: Sheet Music and Shaving Cream

-Ava's POV-

"Sod off Louie! We're working!"

Zayn and I are sitting at the very back of the bus, trying to work on some lyrics and Louie is throwing a constant stream of crackers at us from the other couch, irritating Zayn to no end.

"I'm bored!" Louie whines.

"Get one of the other lads to play FIFA with you." Zayn suggests.

"That would be marvelous, however Niall is on the phone, Liam is lifting weights once again, and as always Harry is snoring away in his bunk." He huffs, throwing another cracker at us.

"Harry is asleep and you aren't playing some sort of trick on him?" I ask.

Louie's eyes light up, "That's brilliant Ava! Can't believe I didn't think of it. I'm quite disappointed in myself."

As Louie leaves the room, Zayn chuckles, "You know Harry's going to find out that was your idea."

I narrow my eyes at him, "Not if you don't tell him."

"Oh, I won't. But I guarantee you Louie will when Harry has him in a headlock for whatever he's going to do."

"Crap I didn't think of that!" I groan.

The only thing worse than Louie and Zayn's revenge pranks is Harry's. But I know he won't do anything. He has been walking on eggshells around me for days, ever since we left Rhossili. I don't understand what happened. He is still himself around me but its also like he's afraid I could break into a million little pieces at any moment.

"Well lets push on, I think we almost have everything down, and you can take it from there." Zayn says, handing me some sheet music.

"Right. I think this is really going to turn out great."

"Perrie wanted me to ask you if you had any more ideas for a song for our wedding. No pressure of course, but she was just wondering."

"Yeah, actually I have worked out a melody that I really like. But I did want to talk to you about it. I got to talk to her over the weekend and got some ideas from what she told me."

"What did she tell you?"

"How she feels about you, things like that."

"Like?..." He raises an eyebrow at me.

"No way, you'll find out when you hear the song! But I need to know how you feel too so I can incorporate it into the lyrics."

"Ava, you know I'm not to keen on sharing feelings and shit like that." He responds, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yes, we all know you're a big mystery but come on. Help me out here."

He groans, "Like what do you want to know?"

"Ummm, how do you feel about her?"

"Well I love her obviously."

"Yes, but I need more than that! Like.... What are some things you think when you see her after having been away from each other for awhile?"

"That I missed her terribly."

"And?..."

"That I won't ever let anything take her away from me."

"Good, that's great." I jot several things down in my notebook, "And what do you think will be going thru your head when you see her on your wedding day?"

"God Ava I don't know."

"Come on, just picture it. You're standing on the altar and she walks down the aisle to you. She stops in front of you and faces you. She's the most beautiful thing you've ever seen. Now go."