Chapter 65: Stalker or Romantic?

-Ava's POV-

"So do you want to talk about it?" Liam asks as he sets my bag down next to one of the beds in his hotel room.

"Not really. Thanks for picking me up though."

I flop down on the bed, laying back and sighing.

"I know Harry can sometimes be a bit mad when it comes to you, but it's only because he cares for you so much." Liam says, sitting down on the bed across the room.

"I know. He's just so insistent on us going public with our relationship."

"Is that really such a bad thing?"

"Not in itself, no. But there's a lot of other factors involved and we basically just got together." I point out.

"Perhaps, but you are both more than just a few weeks in emotionally."

"Yeah, I guess... He is just pushing and pushing for this. And I don't understand why it's so important to announce it."

"Have you considered that it may be because he is afraid to lose you?"

"What?"I ask, confused.

Liam starts to open his mouth to answer me but his phone rings. He glances at me before getting up and answering it.

"Yeah mate." He speaks into the phone, walking out into the hallway.

I run my hands through my hair then check my phone. I expect a text or call from Harry but there's nothing. I feel so much stress running through my body and the only thing I want is Harry's arms around me.

I look over as Liam comes back into the room and picks up his bag.

"Where are you going?"

"I have a... I met someone and I'm going to be spending tonight with her. Hot date." He answers nervously, smiling.

"You have a girlfriend?" I ask, sitting up.

"Well nothing's set in stone, but I really fancy her."

"Liam that's awesome!"

He smiles at my excitement, "So you'll be fine tonight?"

"Of course, now go have fun!" I smile at him as he nods his head and leaves the room.

Once he's gone I go over to my bag and pull out an envelope containing a letter from my grandmother. I haven't had the heart to open it yet. I feel tears sting my eyes every time I even consider it.

I slowly tear open the seal and pull out a single sheet of paper.

My eyes scan over the page before I start reading.

My Dearest Ava,

I know I won't get a chance to speak to you again, but I wanted to let you know how much I truly love you...

I quickly fold the letter, not being able to read any more. I feel the tears run down my face as I sit on the edge of the bed. I still can't believe she's gone.

I hear the door open and I rub my eyes to try to hide the fact I was crying.

"What happened to your hot date?" I ask, not bothering to look up.

"She left me on the street cause I'm a total dick."

I look up to see Harry standing in the doorway with his bag over his shoulder. I immediately start crying, seeing him making a wave of emotions come over me.

He drops his bag on the floor and kneels down in front of me.

"Ava, I'm so sorry. I should of never treated you that way." He places his hands on my knees and looks into my eyes.