Chapter 21: "Not a Chance."

-Harry's POV-

Slamming the door behind me as I enter my hotel room, I once again dial Ava's number.

This time it goes straight to voice-mail. She's turned off her phone.

Of course she did. She doesn't want to talk to me.

I'm about the throw it across the room when it rings.

Louis. You have got to be kidding me.

I slide the phone open and put it up to my ear. He starts talking before I can even say anything.

"Harry let me explain."

"Let you explain?!" I shout at him, "Yes Louie, please fucking explain to me why the hell you would do that!"

I grip the phone in my hand, almost sure I'm going to break it.

"Look mate, Eleanor and I had planned it all out. We got her there and in that outfit so you would have the bollocks to make a move on her. And it worked didn't it!"

"Yeah until you fucking ruined everything with your stupid thumbs up! You mad!? A thumbs up?!"

I hear Louis sigh before he continues, "Yeah that was a major cock up on my part."

"And why the hell were you both over there watching us anyway?! You know how Ava is.. you really think that would go over well if she saw you?"

"You're right Harry, and I'm sorry. It was absolutely fucking stupid of me to do that."

"You think?!" I yell through the phone at him. God I want to kick the shit out of him!

"Mate, I'm going to talk to her. I'll make this right, I swear."

"No... No you are NOT going to talk to her! Will only make it worse. Why the fuck can't you and everyone else just stay the fuck out of my relationship with her!?"

"I will from now on mate, I promise." I can hear the desperation in Louie's voice, but right now I don't give a crap.

"You better. Now I'm getting off the phone so I can figure out how the hell I'm going to fix this mess." I say, hanging up before he can say anything else.

Raking my hands through my hair I groan. I can't believe this. We were so close.

And now it's ruined. She won't let me be close to her now, I just know it. She will push me away. I will be miserable without her.

I pace back and forth in my room trying to think of a way to make this right.

I want to just go to her. Pound on her door until she lets me in. But I know that will only make things worse.

I flop down onto the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

For a few minutes everything was perfect. She was in my arms and she wanted to be with me. I can't believe how it felt to touch her. My whole body was on fire. I've never felt like that before.

And now I doubt I ever will again.

When she pushed me away my heart literally broke. I actually thought she was finally mine. I would do anything to get that feeling back.

I just don't know how. Every option I come up with sounds worse than the last.

An idea suddenly pops into my head and I grab my phone. Quickly scrolling through the contacts, I find the number I'm looking for.

It rings and rings before going to voice-mail. Shit, answer me! I call again only to get the same outcome. I call a third time. Sighing in relief when it's answered.