Chapter 51: Love The Way You Lie

(Song for this chapter is Love the Way You Lie by Jasmine Thompson. I attached it and I'll let you know when to start playing it ;)

-Harry's POV-

Ava stands up offering me her hand and I gladly take it, letting her pull me up.

I really can't believe she's doing this. I really can't believe anything that's happened today is actually real. She's opening up to me in ways I never even imagined she would. The feeling I get when she actually expresses how she feels about me is unexplainable.

And kissing her.. God kissing her is bloody amazing. And everything else we did today... That I can't even think about without my pants tightening. I know she doesn't think of herself as desirable, but she is literally the sexiest woman I've ever met. I've now seen her naked several times, and not once have I found an imperfect curve to her body. Though I wouldn't mind to do some more investigating.

I follow her up the stairs and into the living room, closing the glass door behind me. She takes a seat at the piano and I sit right next to her on the bench. I know this is going to be hard for her, and I want her to know I am right here.

I'll always be right here.

She sits there in silence, trying to gain the courage to begin. I rub my hand across her back hoping to help calm her.

I was so afraid last night that when she found out I knew, everything between us would be over for good. But I couldn't stop myself from beating the piss out of him. All I saw was Ava, bruised and beaten as I hit his face over and over again.

I've never felt so much pain as seeing her sitting in the bottom of the shower sobbing. And she was so surprised I was still there after knowing her secret. But leaving her was never an option, never a thought that even crossed my mind.

I know she thinks I feel sorry for her, and I do. But that's not why I stayed. I stayed because I love her. And how could I not? She sweet and smart and funny and awkward and playful and beautiful and talented and kind and I'm just happier when she's with me. And I'm even happier when I'm the one making her smile.

She takes a deep breath and gives me a small smile. I give her one back and press my lips to her temple, wanting her to know she's not alone in this.

She places her shaking fingers down on the keys, instantly relaxing as she begins to play.

(Start Song Now)

On the first page of our story

The future seemed so bright

Then this thing turned out so evil

I don't know why I'm still surprised

Even angels have their wicked schemes

But you take that to new extremes

But you'll always be my hero

Even though you've lost your mind

Just gonna stand there and watch me burn

But that's all right because I like the way it hurts

Just gonna stand there and hear me cry

But that's all right because I love the way you lie

I love the way you lie, oh, I love the way you lie

I look over, seeing one single tear roll down her cheek.

Now there's gravel in our voices

Glass is shattered from the fight

In this tug of war you'll always win

Even when I'm right

'Cause you feed me fables from your hand

With violent words and empty threats

And it's sick that all these battles

Are what keeps me satisfied

Just gonna stand there and watch me burn

But that's all right because I like the way it hurts

Just gonna stand there and hear me cry

But that's all right because I love the way you lie

I love the way you lie, whoa, I love the way you lie

So maybe I'm a masochist

I try to run but I don't wanna ever leave

'Til the walls are goin' up

In smoke with all our memories

My heart breaks at the thought of these words ever being her life.

Just gonna stand there and watch me burn

But that's all right because I like the way it hurts

Just gonna stand there and hear me cry

But that's all right because I love the way you lie

I love the way you lie, whoa, I love the way you lie

She ends the song and I get up, grabbing her hand and leading her to the couch. I sit down and pull her onto my lap, wrapping my arms around her as she silently cries.

"I'm such a mess." She whispers.

"No." I shake my head, "That girl was alone and weak. But you are strong.. so strong Ava. And you aren't alone, I'm right here."

"Even after hearing that?"

"Even more so after hearing that."

She lays her head on my shoulder and sighs. "Can we never leave here?"

"I would love that, but I'm sure Ed doesn't want permanent roomies."

"Ed?" She questions, taking her head off my shoulder and looking at me.

"My mate who owns this place. He should be home soon probably."

"Oh really? I thought it was just going to be us."

"No, but you'll love him. Sorry to ruin your plans though."

"My plans?"

"Well obviously you had something proper planned if you wanted us to be alone all night." I chuckle and wiggle my eyebrows, making her cheeks turn red.

"Oh stop!" She leans her head back on my shoulder to hide her flushed cheeks from me, "I just like it being just us."

"Me too love. But I have some other holidays in mind for us to take alone."

"Like?..."

"Nope, not saying." I shake my head.

"Oh boooo." She whines.

I chuckle and give her a tight squeeze, "How about some dinner yeah?"

"Hmmm."

"Does that mean yes?"

"Yeah, just thinking about what we should make."

"Already have it covered. Now you go take a shower... I'll get things started."

"If you insist." She says getting up from my lap and heading towards the bedroom.

"And put some more clothes on." I call after her, "You're bloody killing me in that swimsuit!"

She shakes her head at me as she turns the corner going down the hallway.

I can't help but smile at the beautiful woman I plan on sleeping next to tonight.

And every night after if I have my way.

_________________

A/N: If you are enjoying the story, please vote! I spend hours and hours writing this and it only takes a second. It would mean so much to me and to getting my story out there! Thanks!! ;)