Chapter 81: "A french saying."

-Harry's POV-

"What are you doing?" Ava asks as a cab pulls up in front of us.

"What does it look like?" I smile at her as I hold the door open for her.

She looks a little afraid, but gets in the back of the cab, with me following in after her.

"You know Poppy will just hunt us down right? She's knows what room we are in." Ava says after I tell the driver to take us to our hotel.

"That's why I'm just going to run up and grab our stuff. We'll be staying in a different hotel." I smile at her, proud of my little plan.

"You are a sneaky one Styles. Just be prepared for her wrath tomorrow."

"Oh, it will be well worth it."

When we arrive at our hotel I jump out, leaving Ava to wait in the cab while I retrieve our bags.

Once in our suite, I make quick work of gathering up all our belongings. My phone dings just as I head back towards the lift.

Niall

1 New Text Message

~Oh, you're in deep shite mate! Poppy's on a war path. She's headed for the hotel.

To Niall: Thanks for the heads up mate. We will be long gone by the time she gets here. :) -H

I smile at the paps outside the hotel, trying not to seem rude as I hurry past them and throw our bags into the boot of the cab.

"Le Meurice Hotel." I instruct the driver as I climb in next to Ava, who's looking down at her phone as it continuously buzzes.

"Poppy?" I ask.

"Yes... and Perrie and Lou and Niall."

"Don't worry love, I'll tell them I kidnapped you."

"Yeah, cause they'd believe I wouldn't leave with you willingly." She chuckles.

When we arrive at the Le Meurice I ask the concierge to take our bags up to our room. It's a warm night, and our hotel is right next to the River Seine. The walk along it at night is beautiful, and it may give me just the courage I need to ask Ava what I've been longing to for days now. It just never seems like the perfect moment. So I decided I would just have to make the perfect moment happen myself.

Ava happily agrees to my idea, and I feel my nerves start to take over already. I try to push them from my thoughts and just enjoy being with her for right now. She leans into me as I wrap my arm around her and the wind catches some of her hair, blowing it into my face. I love the scent of her hair. It makes me think of holding her while we are in bed, her head resting on my chest. My favorite time of day.

A street musician walks by us, playing a melody and singing for the couples scattered up and down the river.

We continue in silence for awhile, and I can't help but notice the smile on Ava's face.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask.

"A french saying."

"What it is?"

"Do you know french?" She asks, looking up at me.

"No."

"Je t'aime plus qu'hier moins que de main."

"What does it mean?"

"Oh you'll have to look it up to find out." She smiles at me.

"Okay." I say, pulling my phone out of my pocket.