Chapter 14: Friends

-Harry's POV-

Its been four days since I've spoken to Ava.

I wrote up a text several times. But never sent it. I really didn't know what to say to her. I know I pushed her to far and I shouldn't have upset her so much. But I also know that's what she really needs.

Today is Thursday, and this afternoon we have a meeting with Ava to offer her the job. The lads loved what they saw in her portfolio. I knew they would.

Liam is the one that called her on Tuesday to set up the meeting with her. I couldn't help feeling jealous every time he laughed while on the phone with her. I know it was just a friendly chat, but it was a call that I should have made. And I would of, but I know she is still pissed at me. I don't know how to make it right.

The last several days have been spent rehersing for the tour. Louis has asked me everyday why I'm moping around, but I have yet to tell him what happened with Ava. I know it would probably result in getting smacked upside the head.

Poppy has went to lunch with Niall several times the past few days. She has acted the same towards me, so I'm guessing Ava hasn't told her best friend what happened either. Poppy is far to protective not to let me have it if she did know.

I hear a knock on my door and I know its Louie, coming to pick me up for the meeting. He's about 30 minutes early though. As usual he lets himself in and flops down on my couch.

"You're early." I say, joining him in the living room.

"Yep, I wanted to talk to you."

I take a seat waiting for him to go on. If this is about whether he should go ahead and propose to Elenour or not I'm going to wring his neck. He's been debating about it for months now. He needs to just get on with it.

"I want to know why you've been moping around the past few days."

I sigh, running my hand through my hair. "Louie I told you already... haven't been moping around."

He raises an eyebrow at me. He can always tell when I'm lying so I quickly look away.

"Bullshit. Ever since your brunch with Ava you've been acting like a total wanker. Now what happened?"

I groan, knowing he won't let up until I just tell him what happened.

After 20 minutes of telling him everything, my earlier assumption is proved true when I receive a swift smack to the side of my head.

"Ouch!"

"Harry what the hell were you thinking? I get that you like the girl, a lot obviously, but you can't just act like that on a first date." Louis throws himself back onto the couch, clearly annoyed by my stupid behavior.

"Wasn't a date. And I was spot on... that's why she got so mad."

"I get that mate, but you know how shy she is. And yet you go ahead and call her out. She's gotta trust you before she lets you in. You can't just try to force it on her!"

I rake my hands through my hair once again, knowing he's right. "I get that now. I was absolutely gutted when she left me on her doorstep. I just don't know what to do."

Louie scoffs, "Well you could start by apologizing genius."

I roll my eyes at him. It's not going to be that easy.

He ignores me and continues on, "Tell her you're sorry and that you just want to be mates. You don't want to lose her friendship. Take the time to really get to know her and her you. Let her trust you. When she does she will open up to you, then you can take her to your bed."