Chapter 11: Barfights and "Goodnight"s

-Ava's POV-

The club is packed, bodies filling the dance floor. I can feel the beat of the music in my chest, even from our private booth on the second floor balcony. Two hours in and I have had far to many shots. I usually don't drink this much when we go out, but we are celebrating right? And we are out with One Direction! Thankfully so, or else we would still be outside, waiting in line to get in.

Everyone is having a great time. Liam and Louis are downstairs, behind the bar, serving up shots and trying to recreate scenes from the movie Cocktail. Sadly many bottles have been broken in the attempt, but they are still obviously enjoying themselves. Zayn left fairly soon after we arrived, going to meet his fiancé.

Olivia showed up soon after, surprising me by getting off early so she could join in the festivities. Finn immediately asked her to dance and they've been in amongst the sea of bodies downstairs ever since. I knew there was something going on between them. Poppy and I have had an ongoing bet about them for weeks now. I can't wait to rub it in her face that I was so right about them. Both her and Niall have been MIA for the past half hour, ever since she left to use the 'loo' and asked him to escort her there. At the beginning of the night he would have been far to afraid to do so, but after a few drinks he was more than willing to accompany her.

Freya happened upon not one, but two wealthy gentleman who have kept her attention all night. They are currently in their own private booth in the opposite corner from us. I can see her basking in the attention from here. I was hanging out with them, but decided to leave when they started arguing about who had a larger private jet.

Now I'm back in our private booth, sitting with Parker, who has been following me around tonight like a lost puppy. He's been acting really weird. Sitting a lot closer than he needs to. Constantly draping his arm over my shoulders, which I quickly shrug off. I love Parker, but only as a friend. And this whole treating me almost as if I'm his girlfriend thing is just not cool. He knows I'm not interested, we have had that talk before.

Harry seems to know almost everyone here. All night it has been one person after another coming up to him, then taking him to go meet their friends. I can tell he doesn't want to, but he's to nice to tell them no. I constantly catch him glancing at me while he's talking, and it seems Parker does as well, cause that's usually when he puts his arm across my shoulders once again. I know Harry feels bad, cause whenever he comes back to the table he begins to apologize, but then is interrupted by the next person coming to say hello. I've barely gotten to speak to him all night.

Parker's voice once again pulls my attention away from Harry across the room. "You want to go dance?"

"No thanks Parker, I'm fine here."

"Oh come on Ava, you look bored out of your mind."

"Nope, I'm good."

Parker sighs. "I know you're annoyed at me for how I've been acting tonight and I'm sorry. You can't blame a guy for being a bit jealous."

I can't help but roll my eyes at him.

"Look Ava, I'm sorry. Really I am. I'll admit I've have a bit to much to drink. It won't happen again. Please forgive me Ava." He pleads. I can't help but want to forgive him. I know he wouldn't act this way on purpose.

"Fine, but no more touching Parker. I don't care how drunk you are."

"Promise." He says, crossing his heart and chuckling. "Now come dance with one of your best mates!"

I decide to give in, I know he isn't usually like this, and we have been friends a long time. "Alright, let's go."

He leads the way and we make our way to the middle of the sea of bodies. Wow, it's like 1000 degrees down here. But the music is great, and the energy from those around us is catching. We immediately join in, moving our bodies to the music. Parker makes sure to keep his distance, just dancing next to me.