Chapter 47: "You know."

-Ava's POV-

Harry locks eyes with me before he slowly unbuttons his shirt and shrugs it off his shoulders.

He leans over and pulls his shoes then socks off before unbuckling his belt and his jeans. He pushes his jeans down his legs then steps out of them.

He looks into my eyes once more and I hold my breath as he pushes his boxers down his legs and steps into the shower next to me. He pulls the curtain closed and grabs a cloth, putting some soap on it.

Then he does something that makes me cry for an entirely different reason.

He gently washes every trace of Scott off of me.

I don't feel exposed standing there with him naked. It's not sexual and it isn't awkward.

It's just him, softly wiping years of pain off my body.

I look up at his face, his wet hair down around it, almost hiding the tears rolling down his cheeks.

And for the first time in six years, I don't feel alone.

I think about the look on his face when Scott said my name. He didn't look surprised or confused. He knows who Kelsey is. He knows everything. I feel myself start to panic, but then I realize he knows and he's also still here. And he's beautiful. The most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Taking care of me like no one ever has.

I feel the walls I've taken so long to build up tumbling down around me. I somehow knew he would be the one to make them fall, he would be the one I let in. He is my angel, saving me from my past. Saving me from myself.

I look up into his eyes again, seeing everything I need written all over his face. He gives me a small smile.

"You know." My voice breaks the silence surrounding us.

He nods but doesn't speak.

"How long?"

"Since Rhossili." He answers quietly.

That's why he's been so different since then. Poppy must have told him.

Silence engulfs us again, the only sound being the water falling around us.

He wipes the cloth down my arm, slowly and gently rubbing at the scratches I felt behind.

"You know and you're still here." I say, looking away from him.

"Yes, I'm still here." He responds softly.

"Why?" My voice cracks in desperation.

He sets down the cloth and puts his hand under my chin, making me look up into his eyes.

He takes a deep breath before opening his mouth.

"Because I'm in love with you Ava."

He then places his hands gently on my cheeks and leans down, pressing his lips softly against my own.

I've never felt anything like it. My body feels electrified from just a simple touch. So I do the only thing I can.

I kiss him back.

Our lips move together slowly but perfectly, making my body feel as warm as the water hitting my back.

He pulls away and places his forehead against mine. "I've imagined that so many times... But nothing compares to the real thing."

He smiles at me and I give him a small one back. He reaches around behind me and shuts off the water before stepping out of the shower and wrapping a towel around his waist. Offering me his hand, I take it and step out after him, letting him wrap a towel around me as well.

He takes my hand again and leads me out of the bathroom, stopping at the foot of the bed. He grabs a pair of boxers out of his bag and pulls them on after dropping his towel to the floor.

He then pulls one of his t-shirts out and walks over to my bag, pulling out a pair of underwear. I move to take it from him but he shakes his head. So I just stand there, letting him pull the towel off my body and put his shirt on over my head. He then leans down and I step into the underwear before he slides them up my legs and over my bum.

Taking my hand again, he walks me over to the bed and pulls the covers back. I lay down and move over, making room for him. He slides in next to me and puts his arm around me, pulling me onto his chest. He turns off the light next to the bed and the moonlight coming through the window floods the room.

I snuggle into his chest and as he begins to run his hand up and down my arm, he starts softly singing in Spanish.

"What is that?" I ask.

"A Spanish lullaby. My mum sang it to us when we were little. It always made me feel better."

I look up into his eyes, finding them sad but also so sweet, "I like it."

He smiles down at me then continues softly singing.

I could listen to him forever, his deep raspy voice flowing through the words, making each one special and unique.

I slowly drift off to sleep, feeling the one thing I thought I never would again.

Loved.

_________________

A/N: If you are enjoying the story, please vote! I spend hours and hours writing this and it only takes a second. It would mean so much to me and to getting my story out there! Thanks!! ;)