Chapter 67: Making Plans and Saying Sorry

-Poppy's POV-

"Did you get the picture I sent you earlier?"

"Yeah, I was in an interview when I got that! Had to go excuse myself in the middle of it." Niall answers me in a low voice.

He must not be alone, he's only shy when there's other people around. However, when we are alone, it's a completely different matter.

"I would say I'm sorry love, but that couldn't be farther from the truth." I chuckle as I picture him running out of the interview with his hand over his crotch.

Mission accomplished.

"You're pure evil Poppy! When are yoa gonna come visit?" He mumbles, his mouth obviously full of something he's eating.

"Tossing yourself off over the phone not getting it done for you these days?"

"You have no shame do you?" He laughs, choking on his food, "We have the charity ball next weekend, I want ya ta come."

"Hmmmm, are you asking me out on a proper date Mr. Horan?"

"Perhaps.."

"Well let me think about it."

"There's gonna be free champagne and you'll get to wear a fancy dress." He tries to bribe me.

I smile, "You had me at free champagne."

"Should of known that's all I needed to say!"

"Yes you should of. I haven't been on a proper bender in ages." I whine.

It really has been far to long. I hate to admit it, but Niall has had quite an impact on my wild partying.

"Well prepare yourself, the whole gangs gonna be there. It's gonna be ace."

"Can't wait. It's been to long since I've seen your cheeky little arse."

"And I yours." He lowers his voice again, "I've been thinking about you."

"I don't blame you. I really am quite fabulous." I laugh.

"And very humble too." He adds before making a groaning sound, "Ahh gross!"

"What's gross?"

"Harry and Ava are about to start full on snogging right in front of me."

"Doesn't sound like such a bad view. Put Ava on, I've been dying to talk to her."

"Yeah alright! I'll talk to ya later yeah?"

"Absolutely, bye love."

"Bye!" He responds before I hear his muffled yelling at Ava, telling her I'm on the phone.

I've been trying to ring her for weeks but I've never heard back from her. I know its because I told Harry everything. He called me the day after the whole Scott fiasco. It took him a good hour to convince me not to go to her or find Scott and beat the shite out of him myself. Looking back, I know it was a good idea to let her cool off before trying to get her to forgive me. But it's been killing me not speaking to her for so long.

I hear the phone being passed around before I hear deep breathing coming through my speaker.

"Ava? You there?" I ask hesitantly.

"Yes Poppy, I'm here."

"I've been trying to get ahold of you for weeks now. Please tell me things are alright between us."

"I know, I've been avoiding you, I just needed some time to think."

"I understand. You know I did it with the best intentions right?"