Bang Chan 💫 Checkmate

❝Checkmate❞
Fluff | 2.7K+
Bang Chan

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

"Checkmate!" yelled your dad from the living room.

"Wow," Chan mumbled. "How come you're so good at chess while Woojin's not?" he said and you heard your brother complained right after that.

You walked into the living room with a tray of drinks on your hands, "Dad never loses a game and you know that," you said as you placed the drinks on the table.

Bang Chan, your best friend who lives right across the street. He loved playing chess with your dad and brother. Your dad was a champion while your brother... well, not that good.

Chan opened the can of coke and drink it after saying thank you, "Why don't you try it honey?" asked your dad as he scooted aside, giving you a place to play the board game.

"She's as bad as me. She'll lose," said Woojin who was sitting beside Chan.

You were about to complain but couldn't deny it, "I'll definitely lose. I don't even get the rules," you said as you took a seat beside your dad.

"I'll help you," whispered your dad which could be heard by both of the boys.

"That's not fair," Chan whined.

"It's fair enough for me," you answered as you tucked your tongue out.

"Mr. Kim," he whined again.

"What?" your dad answered innocently.

"Ugh, alright. Let's play," he said.

The board game ended quicker than you thought. Your dad helped you so you had no trouble beating him.

"Checkmate!" you yelled as Chan looked down, feeling defeated once again.

"Alright, you won,"

You laughed happily before saying your goodnights. You waved your hand at Chan as he promised to take you to school tomorrow.

You went upstairs, into your parent's bedroom. You saw your mom there, sitting on the bed with her phone. You jumped on and laid your head on her lap.

Your parent's room was your favorite place in the house. It was simple and elegant. You could smell your parent's perfume that always made you feel calm.

You came from a pretty wealthy family. Your mom was a famous interior designer while your dad was the CEO of a game company.

Your mom set her phone down as he looked at you, "Chan again?" your mom guessed.

"Bingo! I beat him at chess. He'll never beat me," you said proudly.

"Your dad helped you am I right?"

You let out a small giggle, "Chan whined a lot while we played. He's such a baby even though he's older than me,"

Your mom giggled, "Both of you are really close since you were kids. That kind of friendship is really precious. Make sure nothing could set both of you apart. He'll always be ready when you need him,"

You smiled, thinking about your friendship with Chan, "Mom," you said as your voice becomes more serious.

"Hm?"

You thought for a bit, thinking whether it was the right decision to tell your mom or not, "I.. I.. I think... I kinda fell for someone. I don't know,"

"Well, what's making you unsure?"

"I've never fallen in love before so I'm not quite sure how it feels,"