Kim Woojin 💫 Heart of a Mother

Heart of a Mother
Fluff | 3.3K+
Kim Woojin

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵

"Eomma? Why are you sad? Why are you crying?" asked five-year-old Jeongin when he saw his mother for four years crying.

Mrs. Park, keeper of the orphanage wiped her tears away before settling Jeongin into her lap, "I'm fine Jeongin," she mumbled as she gave a peck on his head and a hug.

"Then why were you crying?" asked Jeongin as he turned his body around to face her.

Mrs. Park smiled as her husband, Mr. Kang, walked into the room and sat beside her. He patted Jeongin's head softly before giving him a peck on his cheek.

"Those weren't sad tears honey, they were happy tears," he said as he lifted Jeongin to sit on his lap. "You wanna know why?"

Jeongin smiled before nodding vigorously, "Why?"

Mr. Kang hugged Jeongin's waist tightly as he felt heavy to inform the kid the good news, "You're finally getting a real family sweetheart,"

"What do you mean? You are my family... right?" the boy asked.

Mr. Kang chuckled, "We are Jeongin and we love you so much, but you will be much happier with your new family. We promise," he said.

Jeongin looked up to look at his father for four years, "Does that mean I won't get to see you anymore?" he asked in a sad tone.

"Well, we'll see each other of course but not like every day. You got a new family which means new parents. You'll get to see them every day and they'll love you too,"

Jeongin was unsure by what they mean his 'new family'. Four years ago, he was brought to the orphanage after losing both parents in a car accident. Since then, Mr. Kang and Mrs. Park had been his parents with the rest of the orphanage kids as his brothers and sisters.

But, things were about to change, maybe for the better, maybe for the worse. All the kid knows was that he was leaving his current family sooner or later.

***

You sat on the edge of your bed, sniffling. It had been three and a half years since you married the love of your life yet haven't been blessed with a kid. You started to feel uneasy by the fact you haven't got pregnant although you and Woojin, your husband, have tried to have one a lot.

You went on a checkup with Woojin a few days ago and just got the result. The hospital sent it through email and when you opened it, oh how much it broke your heart. You had been crying for almost four hours now.

It was a few minutes before your husband arrived and you were struggling with how were you going to explain to him. Thoughts of worry filled your mind since the first second you got the news.

You gasped as you heard your front door being opened and closed before footsteps walking in deeper into the house. You started panicking as you wiped your tears away.

"Y/n? Honey? I'm home! Where are you?" you heard Woojin called you.

You took a deep breath as you checked your soulless self in the mirror. You encouraged yourself with a few positive thoughts although you couldn't seem to get rid of the negative ones. You walked towards the door and opened it to take a peak. You saw Woojin going to the kitchen, probably to get a drink after an exhausting day at work.