Gym / Flashbacks

I woke up sometime around eleven o'clock in the morning. I surprisingly got six hours of sleep which is better than most nights. The events of last night came back to me and I sprang up and looked over to the couch. There was only one problem, Cobly was missing. I started wondering if I had dreamed up the whole thing. I reluctantly rolled out of my bed and walked over to the couch and noticed that the blanket I gave Colby was neatly folded on top of the pillow I had placed under his head. There was a small, almost unnoticable not on top of the blanket.

Ariel,

I don't know how I wound up on your couch last night, but I imagine I was extremely trashed. I'm sorry if I caused any trouble. Thanks for taking care of me Princess Ariel. I didn't want to stick around and bother you anymore so I figured I would write this and then just go. Hope you have a great day off Princess.

Thanks again,

Prince Eric / Flounder

I rolled my eyes at the use of our childhood nicknames. It's extremely ironic and slightly stupid but as a child The Little Mermaid was my favorite movie, and to this day it still is. When I met Colby and he found out what my name was and what my favorite movie was he automatically began calling me Princess or Princess Ariel depending on how serious he was trying to be. I always called him Flounder because he was my idiotic tag along friend, but my mom always called him Prince Eric because she thought we belonged together. I started calling him both names a few years before he left, but that's a story I don't want to even think about.

I was actually quite angry that he left without speaking to me. Just leaving behind a stupid note. I decided that I should work off the little bit of anger I was holding on to and head down to the hotel gym for a while. I put on my workout clothes, brushed my hair into a messy ponytail and went to grab my phone off my nightstand but it was missing. My headphones were sitting right there where i left them WITH MY PHONE, but my phone was gone. I looked around my room, tearing apart the blankets on my bed, flipping through my pillows, I double checked my suitcase and it wasn't there. I finally found it on the coffee table near the couch.

I picked it up only to find that my password had been changed. Of course it was Flounder. He had to have done it. I quickly typed in what i figured he would have changed it to. 1 1 0 7. I hated that date with a burning passion. I really couldn't believe that he had done that. A lot more pissed of now than I was over the stupid note I practically ran down the stairs and into the gym. I put my headphones in and started pounding away the punching bag in front of me.

*FLASHBACK*

"Ariel! Ariel! Where are you!" I heard Flounder shouting across the field a few blocks away from our houses. I heard his footsteps coming closer to the trees I was laying next to.

"What do you want Colby." I spat angrily.

"Princess come on don't be like this."

"Be like what Colby? Be angry because you're leaving out of no where? Be upset because the love of my life is leaving and I can't do anything about it? Be hurt that it has to end here because your career is picking up? Yeah. I get it. I should be supportive which I am. I promise Colby I am. I'm just really confused about this whole thing okay. I love you and I don't know how to handle you leaving okay. I want to be happy for you and happy that your career is picking up but at the same time I don't want to be because I don't want you to have to leave me okay? I don't know what to do without you. You have helped me through so much. You've been here for everything and now I have to face the fact that you're not going to be around and you could be with some other random chick in Florida and I'm going to have to just forget about you and us and pretend it never even happened. After three years of being together Colby? I have every right to feel the way I do. I'm sorry."

"Ariel. Babe, I know you're upset okay? I get it. I don't want to leave you either but I need to do what is best for me. And no before you flip out I am not saying that you aren't good for me because we both know you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. But I need to get my career up and moving so I can make something of myself." He replied to my rant in a sweet tone.

"But Prince Eric, you have made something of yourself, you're everything to me. If that doesn't count as making something of yourself then I don't know what does."

"Princess please, try to see reason here. I know you hate that I am leaving and I know you need me, but I need to do this. No matter how much you don't want it and no matter how much I don't want to leave you."

"If you don't want to then why are you?"

"Princess I have to. I need to do this for my career. I could be the next big thing. I promise you that the first belt I win, I will bring home and I will come see you and show you why I had to do this. I will make you proud. I will come back for you. I love you Princess. Don't ever forget that."

He stood up and grabbed my hand. I had no idea what he was doing, but he pulled out his Ipod and started playing Your Guardian Angel by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. He put his Ipod back in his pocket with the music still playing, pulled me in close and began dancing around our field.

*END FLASHBACK*

Remembering all of that pissed me off and with every kind loving word I had ever remembered him saying to me I punched the bag harder. He promised he'd come back for me and he never did. He told me he loved me and he never meant it.

Boom, boom, boom. Each hit as quickly delivered as the one before.

He promised he would bring the first belt he won home. He never did. He never did any of the things he promised that he would do. I couldn't handle the rage I felt coursing through my body anymore. I couldn't slimply 'punch' the punching bag. I started kick boxing it. Three punches, four kicks, and two knees to the bag. A pattern I had learned to help relieve anger a few weeks after Colby left.

I pushed the thoughts of him out of my mind and really got into my music I'm Not Okay by My Chemical Romance . I started really getting into my pattern when a voice jolted me out of my focus.

"Wow really working that bag over there Ariel, I feel bad for any opponent you face while angry!" They shouted. I looked up and saw it was Joe (Leati) also known as Roman Reigns.

"Yeah, well them locker room diva's best watch out." I replied jokingly. I began to step away from the bag and collect my belongings.

"You don't have to leave on my account." Joe said confused.

"No I was planning on getting my stuff together anyway." I responded, "I have plans for the day and I need to go get ready."

"Okay, well I'll see you around then Ariel."

"Of course you will." I replied with a smile, "Bye Joe!" I said as I began exiting the gym.

He nodded a quick goodbye before he began running on the treadmill on the other end of the gym. I walked down the corridor headed towards my room, thinking about what I was going to do for the day.