Pre-Awards

The last four days went by rather quickly. It was finally Sunday and time for the Slammy Awards. The week was actually very relaxed and rather fun. April and I did a lot of things I didn't get to do while I was with Colby. We went shopping and got spa treatments and had lunches together after workouts. It was really great to do things that weren't based around what Colby did or didn't want to do for once. We even found a super cute outfit for me for the Slammy's tonight. Usually the Slammy's were held in December but to get more viewers they decided to hold them mid-year.

April and I had an appointment set at a local salon to get our hair and nails done for the night at 12:30. l was still laying in bed even though it was slowly approaching 10. I decided to grab for my phone and scroll through Tumblr or Twitter or something. I saw that I had three notifications, all text messages. So I decided to check them. The first of which was from Randal. It was the most recent one so I opened it to read it.

Randal: Hey babygirl. I wanted to wish you good luck at the Slammy's tonight. I heard you were nominated. I also heard you were presenting. I really hope that you present for me because I wouldn't want to share the stage for anyone else when I win Superstar of the Year. ;)

I rolled my eyes at that text. He is such a pig and I don't know how he hasn't gotten the hint that I don't want him around yet. I had already lost my boyfriend because of him. He is nasty and vile. I hate him so much it isn't comparable to anything I have ever felt before. I went back to my main message screen sick of staring at his text. The next was a text from Brie Bella and was actually quite a surprise.

Brie: Hey girl! I just saw that the nominees for tonight were posted! Congratulations sweetie! I can't wait to see you on the carpet tonight! Good luck (:

I smiled at the message. It was good to know there were still nice people in the world these days. I typed a quick thank you with a smiley face and sent it. Part of me was excited for the show tonight, but the other half of me was very uncomfortable with the idea. It'd been almost a full week and I hadn't seen Randal or Colby and now I would have to face them both. I didn't know which award I was going to present for but I knew two things for sure, they were both up for 'Superstar of the Year' and Colby was up for 'Double-Cross of the Year' so I had about an 8% of presenting for Colby, which doesn't seem like a lot but it is to me. I looked back at my phone and clicked on the last text. I froze when I saw who it was from, nevermind the time it was delivered.

Flounder / Prince Eric: Princess Arieeeeeeeel. I lovr u. Yure perfct an I lovr you im so sory for evrything. I apolgizee. I love yu so mch. Se yo soin.

I looked at the time it was sent. Sometime around 2:30 in the morning. I knew he must have been drunk when he sent it because he usually would never type like that and he would never in a million years be up that late. didn't know what to do from there. Should I respond? Should I let it go? Or should I give his slowly sobering mind something to wake up to? I waited, weighing out my options but then I decided I would return the text.

Me: Colby. Were you drunk last night? I don't think getting drunk is a really good idea. I would appreciate if I didn't get anymore drunk texts.

I waited what seemed like an eternity for a text back when in reality one came about a minute in a half later.

Flounder / Prince Eric: I was drunk. I apologize. I would like it if you didn't try to tell me what is and isn't a good idea in my life anymore. You won't be getting any more texts like that from me. I apologize again.

I read that text and burst into tears almost immediately. i knew that in that moment I had lost Colby for good. All because of that vile wannabe snake. Randal Keith Orton. I broke into tears. I didn't have to worry about being caught crying because April was out for a breakfast date with Phil. So I just kept on crying. I cried tears of anger for all of the things Randy had done to me now leading to this. I cried tears of sadness and pain for the loss of the man I loved more than anything in the world. In that moment I vowed to myself that I would never again be the fragile little girl I used to be. The fraglie little girl I was beginning to turn into.

In that moment I decided I would never take shit like what Randy had put me through ever again. I also decided that I was not going to be a pushover any longer. For anyone. Not Colby, not April, not Randy, not even my bosses. No one. I was going to be the new and improved Ariel who kicked ass and took no shit. Starting today I was going to be the new me.

I got out of bed and took a shower. After I got out I began to do my makeup and then I got dressed. April came back to the hotel about an hour later and she was over the moon happy.

"What's got you so cheerful?"

"Phil gave me a promise ring today! He told me he wants to marry me but we both have really hectic lives, so he promised me that he'd marry me one day and gave me a beautiful ring." She said gushing.

She showed me her ring. I smiled and showed her mine too. She made a face and then suddenly stopped acting all cheerful.

"What's wrong A?" I asked her noticing her change in personality.

"Nothing really, I just feel bad now that I came in all excited about my ring when Colby did the same for you and then left you." She said solemnly.

"April! Are you serious! Don't feel bad. I'm super happy for you and Phil! This is a big deal. I don't look at my ring as a bad thing. That's why I still wear it. It reminds me of the good times! So stop being down and get happy! We have a mini girls day adventure before we go to the show." I said with a smile.

"Okay good I just didn't want to upset you. If you're ready we can leave now cause I'm just going to stay in this." She said gesturing to her outfit.

We walked out the door and got in the car and went on our way to the salon. "Really Don't Care" by Demi Lovato came on while we were in the car and April cranked it and started loudly screaming along to the song. Soon enough I joined her as we rolled the windows down and sang like maniacs. We arrived at the salon about two songs later.

We spent about two hours at the salon. April got her hair curled and got her nails done a cute black and grey/silver pattern to match the black of her dress and the silver of her new promise ring. I on the other hand got my hair straightened considering it almost never was. I also got it re-dyed so it would look fresher for tonight. I got my nails done black with blue accent stripes to match my necklace. No matter what happened with Colby I will never stop wearing it.

We left the salon and headed back to the hotel to get ready for the night. When we got back I changed into my outfit for the night. April found me a beautiful floor length black dress and adorable black peep-toe heels. I did my famous winged eyeliner and ruby red lipstick and added an infinity bracelet and my promise ring and necklace to complete the look.

April came out of the bathroom in her outfit for the night. I helped April with her choice of dress for the evening. She found an above the knee length cocktail type dress. It was perfect on her. It was black and strapless with a clinched waist. It was just April's style. She just put on some pink lip gloss and left her makeup the same as it was at the beginning of the day. She added a beautiful necklace that looked like three doves flying and her promise ring, along with another ring. A silver band with black crystals and sapphires. She informed me that Phil had given it to her when they first started dating for her birthday. She never liked to wear it though because she was afraid to lose it or break it somehow.

We complimented each other on our amazing outfits and then got in the car heading out for what was going to be a fun filled night. We were both nominated for the same award but we didn't let it bother us. We arrived at the arena for the show a few minutes later. We got out of the car and began walking down the carpet like rockstars.

xxxxxxxx
Sorry it's taking so long for me to update y'all. I'm really busy lately.
Again I would like to say thank you for reading and thank you for the comments and the hearts.
I love you all xoxo
xxxxxxxxx