The Big Night

About half an hour later the limo stopped moving. The door was opened by the driver who let Colby out. Colby then reached down and helped me out of the limo. I looked around us and realized we were in downtown Nashville and everything here was beautiful. Big signs and big lights, nothing like anything we've got back home in Davenport. Sure we had big buildings and nice clubs but nothing like the big streets of Nashville.

After I got out of the limo Colby held my hand and walked me towards a big fancy looking club with a bouncer and guest list and everything. He looked at the bouncer and before anyone could even say anything the bouncer nodded at him and handed his checklist to another guy standing with him and turned on his heel.

"Mr. Lopez and Ms. Simmons, right this way please." He said before leading us into the club.

I have never been good with social settings so I was shocked that Colby decided to bring me to the club for our night out. I mean sure dancing and grinding is nice sometimes but with all these people around? Maybe not so much. However as we followed the bouncer farther into the club I realized that Colby and I were being taken to a private area.

When we got to our destination I saw that there was a special table with chairs set up and also a nice little couch in the area too. It was blocked off with a black curtain so that the rest of the club wouldn't be intruding on our private night together. Now that I had seen the private room sectioned off for Colby and I, I was more okay with the fact of being at the club. The bouncer was about to walk away when he told Colby that the waiter would be around with champagne. Once the bouncer walked away I shot Colby a rather confused glance.

"Why the face babe?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

"A club? And a waiter? And a private room? What do you have up your sleeve Mr. Lopez? Are you trying to seduce me?" I asked in response to his ridiculous question.

"I'm pretty sure I don't even need to try to seduce you anymore Ms. Simmons." He said with a chuckle.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked with a giggle.

"I could have you anytime I want you." Colby said with a smirk. It was very unlike him to speak like that but I figured I would play into his stupidity for the night.

"Or at least that's what you think." I said to him with a grin growing on my face.

"You could never hold out on me sweetheart. Don't you remember this morning?" He asked moving closer to me on the couch that we were now sitting on.

"That had nothing to do with what you wanted my love. I wanted you this morning, not the other way around." I said with a devilish smile.

"So you are trying to tell me that if I came up to you and started doing this," He said as he placed his hand on my knee and slowly began moving it up my thigh, "That you wouldn't give into me my love?" He asked with fire stronger than that of hell in his eyes.

"I-I-I.." Thankfully before I could submit to his every whim the waiter came walking into the private room.

"I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?" He asked after he noticed Colby's hand on my leg.

"No not at all Jeremy, thank you very much." Colby said with a cheeky grin, removing his hand from it's resting place a bit higher than my dresses hemline.

"I have your drinks sir, your food will be over in about five minutes. The chef is used to cooking club food but she is more than happy to cater to your special night." The waiter, apparently named Jeremy said to Colby before turning and leaving our private room.

"Ariel," He said turning to me and grabbing my hand making me stand up. "I need to be serious with you now."

"Okay my love, what's wrong?" I asked concerned at the sudden turn this conversation had taken.

"Nothing is wrong my love. Ariel Nicole Simmons, I love you more than I have ever loved anyone or anything. You are the only person who can make my day better just by smiling. You are the only person who has understood me more than I understand myself. You are the only girl who has stuck by me through every decision I have ever made even if it meant I had to leave her. You are the first girl I really fell in love with. You are the only girl I have never been able to get off my mind. I don't know what I would do or where I would be without you in my life. I love you so much I can't even put it into words without repeating myself like a babbling idiot. You are the first girl that I have ever truly been in love with and it is the best feeling in the world. Every time I see you I think my heart skips a beat or two. You make me feel so comfortable when I'm with you, but at the same time, I'm probably as nervous as a guy can possibly get. Staring into your eyes gives me this warm feeling that words can't even explain and it forces me to keep a smile on my face. Every time I kiss you I feel like there's a million billion butterflies flying around in my stomach trying to escape. I can hold you in my arms for hours if I had the chance to. You are honestly the most beautiful girl I have ever met. I still don't understand how a guy like me wound up with someone like you. You are the perfect girl for me and I want to ask you here and now," He said as he began to bend down on one knee as he pulled a box out of his pocket. "Will you marry me Ariel Nicole?"

He opened the box to see the most beautiful white gold ring with diamonds all over the band and a good sized blue diamond in the center. I was speechless.

"I figured the blue diamond would match your necklace and I thought that the simplicity of it would be best because you're simple yet elegant and beautiful." He said still down on one knee.

I was still speechless but I knew I had to answer him before he got scared.

"Colby Tyler Lopez, of course I will marry you!" I almost shouted out.

He stood up and kissed me and then removed the ring from the box and placed it on my ring finger.

"I hope it is enough babe." He said staring at the ring on my finger.

I looked down at it and then back up to him.

"Colby it is perfect, I love it so much and I love you. I can't wait to be your wife. I love you so much." I said before pulling him into a kiss.

A few minutes later Jeremy walked in with our food and we took his entrance as the queue to sit down. We ate in happy silence. I couldn't stop looking at the man I was going to marry. Marry, wow. I couldn't believe he finally did it. He proposed and now here I sit with a ring on my finger, the future Mrs. Lopez. I was elated.

After we finished eating Colby decided that he wanted to dance for a little while. Even though I was not one for crowds I decided that I would give in seeing as though he finally proposed tonight. So we walked out onto the floor and things got hot and heavy fast. I decided that the new presence in the room meant it was time to go back to the hotel. We got into the limo in a hurry and were back at the hotel in 10 minutes. We finally got into the room and the night was very magical indeed.

xxxxxxxx

They're getting married! He proposed! I hope y'all are as excited as I am and I hope you all enjoyed the chapter! Keep the feedback coming! Special thanks to my shitty ex boyfriend for giving me inspiration for the speech Colby gave Ariel.

I love you all xoxo

xxxxxxxx