The Date

Colby started driving and about five minutes later I realized where we were going.

"Flounder why are we going to our field looking like this?" I asked nodding at our outfits.

"You will see Princess Ariel. Just stop your worrying and leave tonights events to me." He responded with a chuckle.

"Fine." I said pouting in the passengers seat.

A few minutes later he drove into our field and as he drove closer to our tree I saw a beautiful setup. He hung a bunch of lanterns around the tree branches and set up about five more on little stands around a beautifully set table with two big cushiony chairs and a smaller table next to it with a little wine chilling container with a bottle of wine in it.

"Colby this is so beautiful! Did you do this all on your own?" I asked.

"Well, I'm not going to lie to you. Mom helped me set the table because I don't know the first thing about it, but I came up with the idea and how I wanted everything to be decorated." He responded with a smile.

"Colby I love it so much."

"I was hoping you would." He responded with a chuckle.

He parked the car and came around to my door. He opened it, grabbed my hand and helped me out of the car. We walked over to the table hand in hand. He pulled my chair out for me and waited till I was seated to push it back in and then go to his side of the table. He lifted up the little silver plate covers from our plates to reveal grilled chicken sandwiches with salads on the side. He knew chicken sandwiches were my favorite and actually remembered after all this time.

For the first five minutes we ate in silence, but then he spoke up.

"So Princess, when did you start wrestling professionally? I know before I left you were being trained by a few friends but I didn't know you had already gotten into the job." He asked as I chewed a bite of my sandwich.

"Well, you know it has always been a wish, hope, and dream of mine to become a diva. When you left I started getting more serious about making my dream a reality. I threw myself into anything that would help me get noticed. I did local circuts and then I got signed with WWE in early February of 2013. I started NXT about a week later. It's only been up from there." I responded before taking another bite of my chicken.

"I'm really proud of you Ariel. Following your dreams is a big deal." He replied with a hint of a smile on his face.

"Thanks. You would know. I'm proud of you too by the way." I responded.

"I'm so sorry Ariel." He said solemnly.

"For what?" I asked innocently.

"Ariel you know what I mean." He replied getting up from the table.

We had both finished eating at this point, so he came over to my chair and helped me up. We walked to the back of his pick up truck and he lifted me into the bed. He climbed up after me leaving our shoes on the ground next to the truck. We laid down side by side and looked up at the stars. Everything was a little awkward after our little confrontation at the table so we stayed in the strange silence before Colby spoke up again.

"Ariel, I mean it I really am sorry."

"I don't understand why you are apologizing Colby." I responded my voice at almost a whisper.

"Ariel, stop. You know exactly what I am talking about." He said sternly, trying to keep himself from getting angry.

"No, I don't. Please tell me exactly why you are sorry." I knew what he was talking about but I wanted him to say it. I wanted him to acknowledge that he left me broken down.