Day Off Date

I woke up the next morning to see Colby in bed next to me with a huge breakfast on a tray and a sorry look on his face. I rolled my eyes but, in my head I smiled. He's really cute when he tries to apologize.

"What are you doing Colby Tyler." I asked groggily.

"I'm sitting with my beautiful girlfriend with a wonderful breakfast that Dani made on a tray so that she can eat in bed." He replied sweetly with a smile the size of Mt. Rushmore.

"I would love to know who this girlfriend of yours is." I said with a slight twinge of sarcasm in my voice.

"Why the most beautiful wonderful Ariel Nicole Simmons. I have a beautiful day planned for her with a wonderful trip to the movies to see The Fault In Our Stars if she'll have me." He responded flashing his toothy smile my way.

"Fine, fine. Give the Princess her food and let her get ready." I responded with a hint of attidue. What happened last night was not yet to be forgotten.

"Okay baby." He said and then he put the tray on the bed next to me and started to leave the bedroom after giving me a quick kiss. "I'm going to be in the living room with Dani and Nick. The clothes you're going to want and or need for today are in that bag over there." He nodded to the corner of the room, "I'll see you soon babe, I love you."

I quickly ate the breakfast that Dani cooked and honestly it was the best food I have ever tasted. She for sure knew what she was doing. After I ate, I walked over to the corner of the room and found two beautiful outfits in the bag. One of them was tfios themed so I assumed he wanted me to wear that to the movies, so I put on the second outfit in the bag. It was honestly quite beautiful. I got dressed and went out into the living area to see that Colby had changed too. 

We walked out of the bus silently, and hand in hand. He led me to my door and opened it so that I could get in. He closed it after he helped me in and walked around to his side. He got in the car and cranked up the radio without a single word to me. I reached over and turned the radio down. If he wanted to make things right with me it wasnt' going to involve ignoring me.

"Babe where are we going?" I asked innocently.

"Well, I have a wonderful day planned for you. First we're going shopping and then I have it set up for you to get a manicure, and then a couple's massage, then out for dinner and lastly our magical T.F.I.O.S. Date."

"Wow babe sounds like you've got this all planned out for once." I said laughing. Colby was never very good at organizing things, it was always me who had to take care of that sort of stuff.

"Of course I did princess. I want this day to be perfect for you." He replied before pulling into the local mall.

The first thing we did was go to Hot Topic and browse around. We picked up a bunch of small things like pins and bracelets but nothing too big. He took me to an amazing nail place and I got a tfios themed acrylic job. We got a couples massage at the same place after that and it was so needed. Then we went into this really cute store that looked like it was made for couples. It was full of his and her set type things and I was so excited that he wanted to go in. We looked and looked and looked around the store until I found these perfect matching hoodies in the corner of the shop. I thought they were perfect because a. they matched our shirts and b. they went with the fact that Colby and I are wrestlers. We found phone cases that matched the sweatshirts, we kept searching through the store for a little while longer and then we found a set of matching infinity bracelets.  We walked over to the register after we found those and when I pulled out my wallet he pushed it away.

"Babe, I'm paying for everything all day no if, and's or but's about it." He said as a matter of fact-ly.

"Fine." I replied grumpily. I hated when he payed for everything. It made me feel helpless and slightly useless. But he loved it so I let him go.

After we left the little shop he took me to the Buffalo Wild Wings in the mall. I loved spicy wings more than anything and he has always known that. Our first date when we were younger was to a crappy little dive bar in Davenport that had some of the best wings I had ever tasted. We sat down and ordered two giant trays of the hottest wings they have.

After a while they came and Colby and I shoved them down our throats so quickly it was like we were some sort of ravenous vultures.

"Babe my mouth is on freaking fire." Colby said between bites.

"Right! I love it." I said happily. I loved the sensation of my mouth on fire. I don't know why but it was beautiful.

"You're honestly completely insane beautiful." He said looking at me with a hot sauce covered smile.

"I know I am but that's why you love me." I said to him laughing.

"Ugh the burn." He whined after taking two more bites.

"You love it don't lie." I said laughing.

"Babe you are so perfect. I love you so much." He said innocently.

"I love you too Prince Eric. I'm so glad we fixed us." I replied.

He gave me a sloppy hot sauce kiss across the table. We finished up eating and then he pulled my bag out of no where. The bag with my tfios outfit out of no where. He had another bag for himself too.

"I know it is weird to change outfits in the mall bathroom but, here fix up my love." He said handing me my bag.

"Okay babe." I said awkwardly.

"I have to change to baby so don't feel bad." He said nodding to his bag.

We both went our separate ways when we hit the bathroom area. I put my tfios themed outfit on happily and incredibly excited for Colby and I's movie date. He walked out of the bathroom and smiled at the fact that we were both dressed.

We walked out of the mall hand in hand and got in the car. The movie theater wasn't very far away. When we got there Colby got two tickets for the show and we bought some popcorn and candy. We went and found our seats, the tip top of the theater in the direct middle. We set down and held hands. The movie was beautiful and I cried multiple times. We didn't have any of those stereotypical movie date makeouts, we just enjoyed the movies and each others presence.

At the end of the movie we got in the car and drove back to the bus, tonight we were on our final lef of the journey to Monday's venue. We had a live show scheduled for Thursday and Saturday in that arena. We got back on the bus and got ready for bed. Nick and Dani weren't 'home' just yet. We crawled into bed together and he cuddled up to me. But I decided that tonight, for the first time in a year and a half, I would show him just how much I loved him, and just how thankful I was for our beautiful date night. Let's just say it's a day we wouldn't be forgetting.

xxxxxxxx

Hope you enjoyed! Feel free to vote, comment, and or follow. I love you all xoxo

xxxxxxxx