Chapter 3

Dad got released from the Hospital and mum came back helping take care of our Dad. I walked down the flight of stairs and into the kitchen to see Archie sculling an energy drink while cooking breakfast, well trying to anyway. "Isn't it a little early for that, Brother?" I asked him as I sat next to dad. "And you what are you doing out of bed?"

"Look, I appreciate the both of you but I need to start getting up and moving."

"Dad, the only thing you need to worry about is getting better." Arch told him while his phone started to go off. He looked at it and back to us. "Crap. I gotta take this. I gotta go. Bye." Archie rushed up stairs obviously having one too many of those energy drinks.

"Seriously, Dad, are you okay?" I asked him

"Freya, sweetheart, I'm fine." He told me as he held my shoulder.

Ok. I gotta head to school. I love you." I told him and stood up grabbing my bag and kissing his cheek before rushing to the front door.

"Wait! You haven't had breakfast." He called out.

"I'm just gonna get some from the bakery."

"Ok. I love you too, have a go-" Before he could finish I shut the front door and started my journey to school.

$$$$

We are all on the grasses area sitting at our table. Arch next to V, me next to her, Betty across from me and Jughead next to B. "It's another win for the bad guys." Juggy said talking about Pops Chock'lit shop. "No one was there. His entire staff quit. He said he's not sure how long he'll be able to keep the doors open. Maybe not even a week."

"It's because of what happened to our dad. People are freaking out." Archie told us. "I gotta be honest. I dont see myself going back anytime soon." I took a sip of my Chi Latte and a bite of my bagel.

"Wait, I'm sorry. Am I hearing acceptance? I'm not letting one psychopath with a gun dictate what happens to our place."

"I'm with Betty on this one." I told the guys. "Jug, you went crazy trying to save the drive-in."

"I cant take on any more social issues right now. My hands are full."

"With your dad, of course. And he should be your priority. I'll take on helping Pop Tate." Betty said.

"I'll help." I told her.

"Me too. Anything to get me away from my parents, I'm in."

"Another F, B and V team up? They should really make a video game about you guys." Jughead said standing up while we all chuckled. "I gotta jet. I'm off to meet my dad's court appointed joke of a lawyer at the sheriff's stations."

"I'm gonna come with you, Jug. I gotta drop some flyers off to Sheriff Keller." Archie said walking off with Jug.

$$$$

I heard a ruckus down stairs. I got out of my room and slowly walked downstairs. "You're the one that looks like a Dream Warrior from Nightmare on Elm Street 3." I heard Juggys voice and walked into the kitchen to see the boys.

"What the hell are you doing down here Arch? With a bat?" I said confused, but he just ignored me.

"What did the lawyers say?" Arch asked leaning against the Island counter that I'm now sitting on top of.

"I've been walking around all night trying to wrap my head around how bad it is. It's bad." I looked to Jughead concerned. "My dad is facing 20 years, Archie, Freya." Juggy looked like he was going to break down any second so I wrapped my arms around him awkwardly since I'm sitting on the counter.