Chapter 30

Cheryl nearly got killed by a sandbag falling ontop of her in the first meeting and Pea hasn't been answering my calls since then; it's been 2 days now. I don't know what to do. Even Toni and Fangs don't know what's going on with him. Chuck has been giving me my space and been a pretty good guy these past couple days.

Right now I'm in practice and Betty had a go at Veronica and then Archie must have told her to go talk to her cause after their song she left. Cheryl and Josie are practicing their duet while I'm sitting in the audience away from everyone and scrolling through my messages with Sweet Pea. "Frey?" I jumped as Jughead sat down next to me.

"Hey Jug." I smiled fakely at him.

"You need to talk to him?" He crossed his arms as he spoke and lent into the chair lazily.

"He's not answering me." I said as I dropped my phone into my lap.

"He'll come around but I wasn't talking about him..." Jughead moved his head and I looked to see Archie. "He's messed up and he knows that but he needs his sister, Freya. Go talk to him." I sighed out but nodded my head and stood up grabbing my stuff and walked over to Archie whose running through his lines.

"Hey." He snapped his head to me.

"Hey." He smiled.

I sat down next to him and sighed. "I'm sor-" we both started off and chuckled.

"You go." I told him.

"I'm sorry. I've been a shit son and an even worse brother. I'm sorry I haven't been there for dad or for you, but I want to fix that... if you'll let me."

I nodded my head smiling and wrapped my arms him and he did the same. "Love you, Archie."

"Love you, Freya."

#####

It's the next day and we're in another meeting. "Due to some unforeseen circumstances, Cheryl will no longer be playing the role of Carrie White."

"What?"

"Why?" We all wondered and I looked around confused.

"Let's just say that, Penelope Blossom isn't much of a stage mum. Cheryl's by the gym bleachers." He told Tonni and she left to find Cheryl. "In the meantime Cheryl's understudy will assume the role."

"Understudy?" Ethal asked.

"I appointed one when I was doing the casting. Didn't want the production to fall through because I didn't appoint one. Freya Andrews." Everyone looked to me and clapped while I smiled awkwardly.

####

It's the opening night of Carrie the Musical and Arch returned the Firebird Mr Lodge got him and got an old beat up Jalopy to apologize to dad about everything. Everyone's rushing around getting ready backstage. Veronica, Chuck, Betty, Archie and I are all in the dressing room doing a weird tongue twister thing. We all laughed and joked around as we failed once again to do it. I looked up to the doorway and saw Sweet Pea standing there annoyed.

He turned and started to walk away and I went after him. "Sweet Pea!" I grabbed onto his arm.

"What!?" He shrugged me off.

"Why are you freezing me out?" I furrowed my brows.

"5 minutes to places!" Kevin called out as he walked past us.

"I'm not." He shrugged as people continued to brush past us. I looked around and grabbed his hand taking him into an empty room.

"Sweet Pea, please. I've been trying to get a hold of you for ages. I came by your place heaps and you never answered. What is going on?"

"I needed time."

"Time for what?"

"I... I need a break Freya." I looked up at him as I felt my heart get squeezed.

"What?"

"I need a break... from us."

"But why?" I asked as tears flowed down my face.

"I just do."

"Places everyone!" Kevin yelled out.

"I- I better get to the seats." He's not even looking at me.

I nodded my head and he walked out looking back to me and walked off. I looked into the mirror and patted my eyes dry. "I'm okay." I whispered to myself. "You gotta keep it together. At least to the end of the night." I took a deep breath and put on a smile walking out.

####

I'm waiting for my signal from Mama Cooper to start singing. "All right, Carrietta, It's time to come out of your closet." I quickly went onto my knees as the "wall" came up. I started to sing but then noticed how people were whispering. I stopped singing as Alice turned to me and looked shocked; but she wasn't looking at me.

I stood up and turned around the see bloody writing on the wall. 'I am back from the dead. All those who escaped me before will die.' It's signed the Black Hood. I felt something drip onto my face and I wiped it off to see it was red. With wide eyes I looked up and moved just in time for a body to fall down and blood splatter all over me.

"Ahhh!" I screamed bloody murder and I fell to the ground shaking. In the corner of my eye I could see people running in fear.

"Freya!" I heard my name get yelled but I moved closer to the body to see the familiar face of Midge Klump. I scooted away from her as someone grabbed onto me as I cried silently, shaking.