Chapter 36

After FP and I talked I headed to my room and took a well needed shower and got ready for school. I walked out of my bathroom dressed for school to see Sweet Pea sitting in my chair twiddling his thumbs. "Hey?" I greeted in more of a question as I took my phone off charge pocketing it.

"Hey. I uh- I wanted to apologize." I turned to him a shook my head.

"Don't. It's okay, Sweet Pea. I just freaked out." I smiled grabbing my school bag and putting my books in.

"No it's not okay." I jumped as I didn't know he moved to be behind me as he spoke and I turned around. "It's not okay, because I should have known that what that fucker did to you would make you scared."

I shook my head still smiling. "I'm not scared Sweetums. What are you on about?" I raised my brow as I fixed up my bed.

"I know you Freya. Right now you're cleaning your room because you don't want to talk about this but we have to." I snapped my head at him, dropping a pile of clothes to the ground.

"No we don't Sweet Pea." I snapped at him grabbing my bag.

"Yes we do." He snatched my hand up and led me to the bed and he sat down and I followed, crossing my legs on the bed facing him. "I shouldn't have done that to you Freya. I should have known better and I'm so so sorry for that."

I fiddled with my hands, looking down at them and nodded my head. "I know."

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there to protect you from him, Freya. I love you."

"I love you too." I whispered. "But it's not just that."

He snatched my hands off me and held them gently. "What else, Princess?" I just shook my head not wanting to talk about it as a tear dropped from eye and onto my jeans. "Look at me?" He asked gently and I slowly looked up at him. "Is it also about... about...?" He looked down to my stomach and I understood his question.

"Yeah." I said solemnly. "I don't want to go through that again."

"You won't. We just got cocky." I chuckled at him. "Pun unintended." I smiled at his small smile. "Seriously, Freya... if you want to ever talk about what happened with him, or anything else... please, I'm here." He pulled me into him as I nodded my head. "I'll always be here for you."

*

We walked hand in hand down stairs and into the kitchen where Archie and Jughead still stood, eating. "Hey." Jughead greeted us and we both greeted him back as Archie gave me a hug. "Thank you." Jughead said and I looked to him confused as he looked to Archie and I. "You both really came through for me."

"Of course, Jug." I smiled at him but Archie looked around for a second as Sweet Pea snaked his arm around my waist.

"I'm not done yet. How many of these Serpent Jackets do you think can we borrow?" He asked Juggy, holding his jacket.

*

Turns out Archie's plan is actually a good one. We borrowed about a hundred Serpent jackets and got students to wear them at school. Principal Weatherbee walked out of the office where we all surrounded the two sides of the hallway, Reggie, Veronica, Archie, Josie and Jughead infront of me, Sweet Pea, Kevin, Cheryl, and Toni. "What's the meaning of this?"

"It's a show of support Sir." Archie told him. "For the Southsiders who are being wrongly transferred out of our school. Everyone is ready to walk out, Principal Weatherbee."

"Any student who walks out better keep walking. Because they'll be expelled." He announced.

"You're s good man, Principal Weatherbee. You're not the kind of person who discriminates. And if you are? Then expel me. Cause I don't wanna be a part of that."