Chapter 12

Me and Archie ended up helping Jughead with a "pancake" drop off after the Black Hood sent out a letter and then called Pop's saying that we all failed his test.

Jughead, Betty, Mama Cooper and I are awaiting FP's exit from the prison. We saw him walk out of the gates and I smiled. He walked over to us and wrapped Jughead in a hug. "Baby girl." He wrapped me in a hug and I smiled. "Hey, Betty." He greeted as we pulled away.

"Hi, Mr Jones." He started walking to the station wagon which Mama Cooper is leaning against.

"Alice?"

"Is it true what they say about men who have just been released from prison, FP?"

"What do they say?"

"They're incredibly sexually frustrated."

"Mum."

"Wow."

"Holy shit." We all said suprised and I looked up at my Godfather to see him smirking at my Godmother. We all got in the car us kids in the back and we started driving to Pop's.

$$$

I sat next to Betty whose across from Jug who is next to his dad whose across from Alice. I ate my Pumpkin Pie silently. "The Black Hood is targeting sinners, so I'd watch my back if I were you, FP. Especially once you rejoin that gang of hoodlums."

"Serpents aren't hoodlums-" Juggy got cut of by FP.

"I'm not going back to the Serpents, Alice." I looked at the other two teenagers then FP confused. "I thought a lot about this while I was in Shankshaw, and I'm done with the Serpent life. It's gonna be one last ride for my boy and I, but it's too much of a slippery slope for me."

"The Serpents need you, Dad."

"Jughead needs you, Mr Jones."

"And what, pray tell, will you be doing with all of your extra time, FP?"

"Working, Warden Cooper. I saw a help wanted sign in the window. Thought I'd talk to Pop about picking up some shifts."

"Hey, you can work with me." I smiled.

"Let's hope your plans don't come crashing down once you start drinking again. Actually, I'm in AA. Started in jail, and I don't plan on stopping." I smiled at FP hally that hes trying to get his life in order.

$$$

I'm working a shift with FP. He passed me over Betty's and Jugheads plates and I went through to the kitchen giving them to the bus bou. I walked back in and saw Cheryl purposely push over her milkshake. "Clean that up, plebe. The way you did my brother's blood. I walked over and so did Jughead.

"What the fuck, Cheryl?" I asked annoyed.

"Jug, Frey, don't." He bent down grabbing the glass. "I'll get you another milkshake. On the house." He walked to the kitchen and I watched Cheryl trying not to implode.

I walked over to the counter and sat ontop of it joining in on Betty's and Jugheads conversation. "He deserves to be honored, not humiliated."

"So, why dont we do just that? Seriously? Why not throw your dad a retirement party, fit for a king?"

"Do you really think that's a good idea? I mean he wants out for a reason." I told them but Juggy gave in.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of everything."

$$$

"So, the real story was in the Sheriff's notebook." Archie told Jughead, Betty and I catching us upto speed on the Black Hood.

"There was a third child, Joseph Comway, who survived the massacre."

"They hid his identity, changed his name, so he could lead a normal life."

"According to Sheriff Howard's notes, he was adopted by another family in Riverdale, and presumably enrolled at a local high school."

"We got a picture of the kid." Archie passed me it and I studied it.

"If we match that boy to one of the students at Riverdale High during the years he would've attended-" V said as I passed the photo to Betty.

"Then he might be able to tell us how the murders are connected to the Black Hood." Betty finished for V.

"Or he is the Black Hood." Juggy theorized. "Just go with me here. Let's say that our mystery kid did end up surviving the slaughter, maybe he even saw it
It would've messed him up for life."

"And somehow, he could be blaming the town for what happened." I chimed in.

"And now is punishing us for it."

"So, basically, we have to go through all these yearbooks, page by page, and see if we find a match, so not quite a needle in a haystack. What?"

"Uh, we have to get ready for a party that we're hosting." Betty told them.

"It's my dad's retirement party, so..."

"And I'm obviously helping." I told them.

"Oh." They both said.

"No, you guys should come."

"I-i. If you don't want to, you don't have to. It's not a big deal."

"I'm renting a karaoke machine." Betty and Jughead said simultaneously.

"You should come. You guys should come."

"If you want." Jughead added and I chuckled at their situation.