Chapter 29

"Can you please at least be Cheryl's understudy?" Kevin asked me the same afternoon, as I sat in the student lounge during lunch with my Northside (except Archie. I still haven't talked to him since Dad announced his presidency, and Reggie, we haven't really been talking lately) and some Southside friends.

"I don't need an understudy." Cheryl told Kevin in a threatening manner.

"Cheryl, most people will have an understudy."

"Just do it Freya, he won't stop begging until you do it." Betty warned me. I slouched into Sweet Pea really not wanting to.

"If she said she doesn't want to then she doesn't have to." Sweet Pea nearly yelled at them.

"Sweets, it's okay. Why are you being so protective lately?" I asked him sitting up and looking at him with a raised brow.

"Nothing..." I raised a brow, "Don't worry about it, okay?" He gave me a tight smile and I nodded.

"Fine." I took my attention back to our friends who were talking about the musical trying to not listen in on our little conversation. "Kevin..." I sighed out. "If I do this you better not ask anything else of me for 3 months." I raised my brow at him.

"2." He negotiated.

"You are in no position to barter, Kev." I chuckled.

"Fine 3." He grumbled.

"Okay, I'll do it." Kevin perked up immediately.

"Really?" I nodded my head. "Thankyouthankyouthankyou." He spoke so fast and yet I still understood. He pounded at me and kissed my cheeks multiple times till I pushed him of laughing.

"Frey." I looked up at the call of my name and saw Reggie in the doorway, he motioned for me to follow him.

I looked to Sweet Pea. "I'll be back." I pecked his lips and got up walking over to Reggie. "What's up?"

"Have you talked to your brother recently?" He grabbed my arm as he spoke and lead us to a deserted area.

"No. We aren't on good terms right now, Reggie. Why?" I asked him as we sat on one of the benches in the hall.

"He's going down the deep end. He insisted the old red circle to help him with some problem with Hiram and a gangster." Reggie said.

"What? What did you do Reggie?"

"We blew up a car and Archie threatened the gangster."

"The fuck Reggie?" I slapped his shoulder lightly. "What were you thinking."

"That Archie is really good at persuasion." I rolled my eyes. "Look, you know I'm with my father with the prison. He wants it so so do I."

I sighed out and nodded my head. "I know, Reggie. Just you can't get involved with Archie's stuff. He's off the rails."

"I know and that's why I'm getting involved."

"I can't talk you out of this can I?"

"No, Freya, you can't." I stood up with a sigh and walked away from him without another word.

$$$