Chapter 8

"Nick and I were the will-they-or-wont-they of out jet set. He's an outrageous flirt, but we never dated. We'd hop from club to club, go on these madcap adventures, stay up all night." I saw Archie and Betty sit down, so I walked in as I heard V talk.

"Who's this now?" I walked over to the group on and sat on one of the free chairs.

"Oh, Archiekins, dont be jelly. It's just a ghost from my bad girl past, Nick St.Clair, breezing to town for the open house. You have nothing to worry about."

"Speaky of bad girl..." Kevin said looking at me. "What's with the Admans family vibe."

"Kevin, dont you remeber she used to be the embodiment of Wednesday Adam's." Betty told him.

"Are you alright, Frey?" Archie asked me.

"I'm just feeling this today guys. I just wanted something different. Jeez it's like I can't do anything." I whispered the last part. "Can we talk about something else? Please." I begged them. I saw Archie and Betty share a glance and I looked at them with furrowed brows. This morning Archie ditched me early and said he had an erin to do before school and then they walk in together all weird. Something is going on and I'm going to find out what it is.

$$$$

It's now lunch and I saw Betty and Archie talking quietly away from everyone. I walked over to them and put on a fake smile. "Hey guys. So what aren't use telling me?"

"We're not keeping anything from you." Archie said but he moved his eyebrow so I know he's lying.

"Cut the crap." I looked between the two. "Guys, come on. What is it?" They didn't respond all they did was have a quiet conversation between themselves. "You know I'm not letting this go."

"You can't tell anyone." Betty told me serious.

"I promise, on my Fathers life." I told her holding out my hands so she knows I won't cross.

"The black hood called me." She whispered while I looked at her shocked.

"Wh- go to the police." I told her confused, raising my voice slightly.

"Keep it down." Archie hissed.

"I can't he said if I did he- he knows where Polly is, Freya. If he calls, I have to answer, Archie is staying with me most of the night incase he does." I nodded my head.

"What do I do? Do you need my help?"

"If I do I will call you I promise." I nodded my head and pulled her into a hug.

$$$$

Yesterday Betty had to put on the newspaper about her mum being a Serpent, to show loyalty

Yesterday Betty had to put on the newspaper about her mum being a Serpent, to show loyalty. Last night neither Archie or I got a call from her so when I saw her walking down the hallway of the school past where Nick St Clair -who is a major flirt, V wasn't lying when she said that- , the pussycats, Cheryl and V are I nudged Archie and we raced after her. "Betty." Arch called and she turned around.