Chapter 18

Archie is now Mr Lodges intern and he has him running around town none stop. I'm sitting next to Kevin in the student lounge as V talked about her confirmation. "I already invited Archie, but I want you guys there as well. Usually these kinds of events, baptisms, confirmation, are family only. But since it's all about me and you guys are my chosen family, I pulled strings and reserved you a pew."

"What is the dress code?" Kev asked.

"Cathlic chic. So dresses for the girls, veils optional. And coats and ties for the boys."

"Jughead Jones and Betty Cooper, please report to the principle's office. Jughead Jonds and Betty Cooper to the Principal's office." Mr Weatherbee's voice rang through the PA system and we all looked at them confused.

$$$

We are at the after party for Veronica's confirmation

We are at the after party for Veronica's confirmation. I'm standing with Betty and Archie as V walked over to us. "Betty, Freya, mind if I steal my man? It's time for Archie to meet my abuelita."

"Of course." I smiled.

"I'm gonna look for Jug anyways."

"I'll come with." I told B and we walked away looking for him.

We found him on the second floor. "Hey, it's not like Jughead Jones to neglect a free buffet."

"You okay?" I asked him as he looked at us not amused.

"No. It's the Serpents. They're meeting to decide if I get kicked out or not."

"What? Why?"

"I broke a code. I messed up bad. Really bad. There's this person who suckered me into delivering drugs. I dragged Freya into it and my dad, he got roped in. So a couple Serpents and I, we... found her... grabbed her... and I cut her." I looked at him shocked.

"Cut her?" Betty said matching my suprise.

"The worst part is... none of it even matters. Becuase she's back. It's like every decision I've made since we broke up, including our break up, makes things worse and worse." B's phone started to ring and she answered.

"Hello? Yes, it is. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're the ones who put up the flyers. Okay, yeah, we can be right there." Betty hung up and I looked at them confused.

"What flyers?"

$$$

"You the kids looking for a head?" The man asked as Juggy, B and I walked over to him through the junk yard.

"If only we lived in a town where the answer could be no."

"We are. And you called to say that you have it?" Betty answered the man.

"I got nearly 10 acres of scrap and I come across weird stuff all the time, but this is the first time I found a bronze head." He lifted a duffle bag onto the table and Juggy checked it out. "It was stashed in am old refrigerator."