Chapter 23

'Hey, Polley?" I looked at her confused as she stood in the doorway of the front with her babies.

"I'm leaving."

"What? Why?" I opened the door wider for her to come in since it's a crisp morning.

She walked in and I closed the door. "Its Chic. I don't trust him around the babies."

"Well I wouldn't either." I told her as I picked up Juniper but within seconds she started to cry so I quickly passed her to Polley and she went silent again so I picked up Dagwood and cradled him in my arms as he reached for my hair to play with. "I know I'm not supposed to have favourites but... Dagwood." Polley laughed a little. "So where are you going to go?"

"I'm thinking San Francisco."

"Ooo. I want to come."

"You're welcome too."

I sighed out. "Oh I wish I could." I gave Dagwood one last cuddled then put him in the thingy-mickbob and Polley passed me Juniper and I did the same. Once they were in probably I looked up at one of my best friends. "I'm going to miss you." She wrapped her arms around me. "Can you please visit more?"

"Of course. I'm going to miss you too, Frey."

We pulled away. "Be safe. I want an upto date address and I want pictures at least once a month of you and the twins." She chuckled but nodded her head. "And I want you to call me once a week."

"I'll be sure to do that. I love you." We hugged again.

"I love you too." She grabbed her babies and I opened the door and she walked out as I watched her get into a car and leave once again.

"Come on." I looked behind to see Dad and Archie walking towards me.

"What?"

"We're going to the Lodges." Dad answered me.

"Why?"

$$$

We sat at the dining table in the Lodges apartment me next to dad and Archie. Hiram Lodge sat down at the head of the table closest to dad as he spoke. "Jughead Jones may be about to break a story. A story about my plans for Riverdale. And rather than hear it from him... I think its only right that you hear it from me."

He told us his plans and I looked at all the Lodges like their crazy. "This has to be some kind of joke."

"You're serious? Southside High is gonna be turned into-"

"A private, for profit, prison." Hiram interrupted dad.

"Yeah, built on the bones of a high school." Dad looked to Hermione. "What the hell have we been building at SoDale?"

"What we've said all along: housing." She answered.

"For all the people who will work at the prison." Her husband continued for her.

"And you expect me to support this as Mayor?"

"We were hoping you'd be open to it, yes."

Dad shook his head no. "I can't do it. I'm out of here." Dad stood up.

"Look, Fred-"

He looked to Hermione interrupting her. "We've been in business for how long and you didn't tell me? The only reason you're telling me now is it's about to become public."

"I'll admit, it's not ideal."

"Not ideal, Hiram? You wanna turn the town that I love, my home, my family's home," he motioned to Archie and I. "Into a prison." Dad started to walk away and I stood up also.