Chapter 21

Jughead, Archie, Veronica, Betty and I are all sitting in the student lounge. "Fair warning, our Shadow Lake chalet is rustic, but it had breathtaking views of the mountains, the water." V explained after she invited Bughead to come with the Varchie getaway for the weekend.

"Oh, my God. That sounds heavenly, V. What do you say, Jug? Can you bear it?"

"As long as it's cool with your dad."

"Mr Lodge actually suggested it." Archie told them.

"Well, then cue the dueling banjos. What? It'll be a good chance for me to work on my novel."

"Excellent. Remember, the point of this luxury weekend is to relax and unplug. What about you Freya?"

"What about me?" I looked at V confused.

"Do you want to come with."

"Oh, uh..." I looked at the four of them as Sweet Pea and Fangs walked into the lounge. Sweet Pea looked at me confused since I haven't been answering his texts since that night. That guy was only in his early 20's, I weirdly feel for him. I mean yeah he was trying to get to Alice but still... he was so young.

"Freya?" I got knocked back into my senses by Archie. I snapped my head back to them. "Are you okay? You've been acting weird the past couple days." Juggy and Betty both looked at me worried but I put on a smile.

"Sorry. I'm fine. I'll pass on that sorry V. I'm already the 5th wheel enough. I don't want to intrude on your luxury weekend." I gave her a smile.

"Luxury and weekend. Two of my favourite words." I looked to Cherry. "So where are we going and how extravagant a wardrobe should I pack?"

"Sorry, Cheryl. It's kind of a romantic couples only weekend." We all looked aroused awkwardly.

"I see. Of course. My mistake. Well, have fun with your romances." Cheryl turned and started to walk away while I raced after her.

"Cherry." I wrapped my arm around hers as we walked through the halls.

"Fey." She smiled at me.

"We need to hang out. We haven't been together in so long."

"How about we go to the movies?" Cheryl suggested.

"Tomorrow night?"

"Love, Simon?" We both nodded.

"Its a plan."

"Freya." I turned to see Sweet Pea.

"What do you want ragamuffin." I looked up to her amused as Sweetums clenched his jaw.

"Stand down, Cherry." I chuckled. I looked over to Sweet Pea. "Sweetums." I smiled to him. "What's up?"

"What's up?" He looked at me with raised brows. "What's up is that you've been avoiding me since Tuesday."

I looked to Cheryl. "I'll see you tomorrow." I smiled at her.

"Alright. Love you, Fey." She kissed my cheek and off she went.

"So what the hell is going on?"

"I... I don't know what you're talking about."

"The hell you do." He was obviously getting annoyed. He sighed out running his fingers through his hair. "You can talk to me." I looked up at him contemplating but I know if I do things will get worse.

"I can't." I quickly turned around and sped off, leaving a confused Sweet Pea behind.

$$$