Chapter 28

We got nowhere with Penelope Blossom. Josie backed out though because apparently Cheryl sent her a pigs heart.

I'm at home and getting ready for dinner at the Coopers, last minute invite, when I knocked on my brothers door. "Yeah?" He called out and I walked in.

"Hey." I gave an awkward smile.

"Hey." He smiled back.

"I uh... I wanted to know if you're coming tomorrow, you know cause he's announcing his run for Mayor."

"I'm planning to."

I smiled at him. "Good. I'm glad. I uh... I'm late for dinner with Alice and Betty."

"Oh okay." I closed his door and made my way next door.

$$$

It's the end of dinner and I'm wiping the dishes as Alice washed. "Sulk all you want, Betty."

"I'm not. I was actually gonna see if you'd sign something for me. A consent form."

"What, you want to get emancipated because I made you move back home?"

"It's so I can get a tattoo. A Serpent tattoo." I raised a brow at Betty as Alice took of her gloves and grabbed the paper.

"You have lousy timing, kiddo."

"Act normal, right?" I put the last cup into the cupboard and grabbed out a coffee mug. "Life goes on, doesn't it." I walked over to their coffee machine staying out of there conversation and making myself a cuppa.

"You are not getting a tattoo just to prove something to your boyfriend. Absolutely not."

"I'm practically a member of the Serpents."

"Do not say that."

"Do not think that I won't find a tattoo parlor that will do it."

I heard the front door open. "Mum." I looked over to see Chic. "Betty." He walked over. "I was trying to help." This random girl walked over to us as I stood next to Alice.

"You must be Alice. And you must be Betty. But you I don't know you." The girl looked back to Chic.

"Frosty the snowman." I sassed her with crossed arms.

"Hi, I'm Darla." Oh fuck.

$$$

We're all sitting at the kitchen table as Alice brought over tea for Darla and her. "Honestly I'm not suprised that deadbeat Dwayne borrowed my car without asking." She chuckled. "Does it all the time." Alice sat down and poured out the teas. "What did suprise me was the car turning up in a swamp in Riverdale. And then just as I was getting ready to head back to Centedville, Chic called me."

"Why would you do that?" I asked Chic.

"He thought he could sniff out how much I knew. Isn't that right chiky de?" She chuckled. "But there's no playing a player. I saw right through him. It's okay. Dwayne was a heel. I wouldn't be surprised if he stole my car to pick up some floozy only to get himself killed." I looked to Betty and Alice. "Like I told Chic... I don't particularly care what happened to Dwayne. I don't see any reason to ask any questions about him, especially not if I get the 10 grand he owes me. I get that, I'm a happy camper who'll be out of your lives forever and ever, amen. If not, well, then... I might just have a long talk with that handsome sheriff of yours."

"We have nothing to do with that-" Betty spoke up but got cut off by Alice.

"We don't have that kind of money on hand. But if we get the money for you, we're done, right? You'll leave, no questions asked?"