Chapter 27

All us students are sitting in the Auditorium while the three teams of Student council runners square off there ideas for the school. "Okay, now just a quick reminder," Mama Cooper spoke infront of the school. "This School Hall is a PTA sponsored event." Sweet Pea stood up from where he sat next to me. "Oh! Looks like we have our first question."

"Yeah. No offense to the current administration, but it feels like no one's looking out for the students being bused in from the Southside." Pea looked down at me and I grabbed his hand smiling while Fangs patted his back. "Is that gonna change?"

Jughead quickly spoke. "Absolutely, Sweet Pea. That's our priority. No one should be marginalized or excluded here." Sweetums sat down with a roll of his eyes.

Betty spoke next, "Jughead and I will be representing all students, North and Southside alike."

"Next question.  Yes, Midge." Midge stood up when Mrs Cooper pointed at her.

"My question is for Archie and Veronica. Rumor has it, your parents will soon be on opposite sides of the mayoral election. Won't that negatively affect your working relationship?"

"Archie and I adhere to the old maxim: that politics are never discussed at the dinner or the cafeteria table." Veronica told her and the crowd laughed.

"Veronica and I are on the same page, including her family's plans for a prison on the Southside." I rolled my eyes and slouched in my chair.

"In the meantime, we're committed to improving life at Riverdale High. Which means more extracurriculars-" Veronica tried to save the awkward but Josie spoke up.

"Reggie and I agree, except add the fact that we can and will, deliver results."

"And we're chill, unlike these guys." I let a smile pass and chuckled at Reggies remark.

$$$

Sweetums, Fangs, Toni and I are all at Pea's trailing watching TV. "Fangs stop hogging the popcorn." I laughed out and he grumbled passing it back to Sweetums and I from the space between Toni and him.

Toni stood up, "Anyone else for a beer?" We all said yes and she went to the fridge while Fangs and Sweet Pea continued rolling up darts to sell. Toni came back over passing us all a beer when my phone sound off from the coffee table.

Fangs went to get it but I told him to leave it. "Who you ignoring?"

"No one, Fangs. Just injoying the company."

"Aww, that's so sweet." He faked swooned and suddenly I was on the floor and Fangs was tickling me.

"Stop!" I laughed out swatting his hands away while he laughed evily.

"Hello? Freya it's Jughead." Sweet Pea told me holding my phone and I grabbed it once Fangs stopped.

"What's up Juggy?" I sat up and punched Fangs shoulder.

"Turn to channel 8. Now!"

"Why?" I asked as I grabbed the remote flicking to through the channels.

"They found the car." He said as I got to it seeing the car getting towed out from the swamp.

"It is not yet known how or when the car first entered the swamp, but foul play has not been ruled out." The news reporter spoke as I sat shocked.

I hung up from Jughead rushing up and grabbing my jacket running out of the trailer ignoring the looks and sounds of confusion coming from my friends. They found the it.

Fuck.

$$$