A parental visit

Marshall woke to a horrible feeling racing through his body. He tried to turn onto his back so that he could look around the room, but instead of continuing to float he fell down onto the bed below him.
"What?" He rubbed his head in confusion. He sat up in bed and attempted to float to the bathroom, but he crashed to the floor. "Ow!" He said rubbing his head. "What they hey?"
He got up and tried to float again, but it was almost as if he had forgotten how to. He frowned. "What's happening?" He whispered to himself.
"You're forgetting." A voice answered from the corner. He looked up. "Mum?!" He said, "What are you doing here?"
She stepped forward and looked at him with a straight face. "I'm going to be quick about this so I can leave because I don't really like being around you," his mother replied, her voice harsh and filled with authority.
"You are drawing nearer your 1000th birthday, and on that day you will be crowned The demon king of the NightO'Sphere."
He frowned. "I don't want to rule the NightO'Sphere, I already told you that!" He yelled at her.
"Not my problem." She replied, still motionless. He went to say something but she butt-in, continuing. "To be the Ruler of the NightO'Sphere you must forget all of you your life beforehand. So until your birthday, you will begin to forget small things, like how to fly for example, and on your birthday you will forget everything all together. Everything except being evil and ruling the NightO'Sphere."
He hissed at her. "No! I won't rule the NightO'Sphere Mum!"
"You have no choice." She said. "The same thing happened to me before I became queen. I had to forget your father and our relationship, I had already fallen pregnant with you so I couldn't forget that. I still don't remember how to fly." She said, no expression on her face. She opened a portal to the NightO'Sphere but turned around before she entered trough it.
"I just thought I should let you know because you seem to be getting fond of that human girl."
Marshall froze, "No Mum please dont let me foret her! Don't let me forget Fionna please!" He pleaded.
For a second he could see a slight expression of compassion on her face, but it was so quick he had second thoughts about whether it was there or not.
"I'll see what can do." She said before leaving.
He sat down where he was, and starred at where she was before she left. "Please don't make me forget her." He said, tears finding their way into his yes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey! Yeah I know, it short and theres escalation. But it's finally getting to the plot, it's probably going to get frustrating, and I'm sorry for that, but please keep reading :3 The next chapter will be longer.
Well, i'll see you when i see you :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~