Amongst dancing fireflies

ONE DAY EARLIER

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was November 20th, and each day passed with a tinge of fear knowing that Marshall may be different by the next day. So far, he seemed normal, although the memory pills had less of an effect keeping his memories in place.

A few times Marshall went outside to go for a walk or to fly around, but he would forget his umbrella, or he would get lost on the way back. He was the same boy, but he just forgot the slightest things, and that annoyed the heck out of him.

After a week or so of this Gumball had decided to keep him in one of his spare rooms so that he could be taken care of more, which the vampire boy didn't like one bit.

Fionna and Cake decide to stay there as well, so that they could help with things. And Fionna wanted to spend as much time with Marshall as she could.

---------------------------------------------------

"This is gross." Marshall sighed while laying on the bed. Fionna was next to him, spread out like a starfish. "It's too happy. I mean where are all the shadows?"

Fionna chuckled, "It's the Candy Kingdom, they probably don't even know what shadows are." They were both smiling. "Lets do something," Marshall said sitting up. "Lets go for a walk."

Fionna frowned. "Are you sure?" He crossed his arms and laughed. "Yes I'm sure. I want to do something fun. Being cooped up in here isn't fun at all."

She shrugged and stood up. "Sure thing." She paused. "But Gumball won't approve."

"I'm sure we can escape somehow...." He smirked. Then he scooped her up and she laughed as he flew out of the window. There were still a few hours until sunrise. Fionna woke up after a nightmare and couldn't go back to sleep, so she snuck into the room with him and he stayed up with her. They didn't do much, just talked. But it was really nice.

"Where are we going?" Fionna yelled over the wind that was blowing rapidly.. "You'll see." He replied smiling.

It was so dark that she couldn't see where they were, but Marshall's demon eyes helped him in a night-vision kind of way.

Finally they reached his intended destination, and after carefully descending, he helped Fionna get to her feet.

"I still can't see!" She laughed holding her arms out in front of her.

"Here." He held out his hand and she took it without hesitation. "And close your eyes."

She obeyed, then he led her forward a little more and let go. "You can open them now." He said. She could hear the smile in his voice.

Her breath was taken away as she looked around. It was the place that they use to go to all the time, the oasis inside the tree. Except she had never been there at night, and by gee it was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. The ducks weren't out, they must've been sleeping somewhere, but in their steed where hundreds, maybe thousands of fireflies, all hovering above the water and filling the air. It was as if they were dancing with each other, in the most splendid movements.

"Wow." She gasped. "I know right." He smiled. Then he looked at her, smiling, while she was enjoying the scenery of the most magnificent place, and he stared at her while she smiled. "You know," he began. She looked over to him. "Not even this place makes up for your beauty, inside and out."

She smiled whole-heartedly. "I don't know what to say." She laughed. "You're amazing."

"I know what to say." He took in a deep breath. "Yeah?" She said, filled with curiousness. He took her hand and looked into her eyes. "We've known each other for what? At least five years?" She nodded, her eyes sparkling from the fireflies, he took in another deep breath.

"Well, we don't know how long I've got left, and maybe, just maybe, Mum's done something and I don't have I become the NightO'Sphere king." He paused. "What I'm trying to say is that I dont want to lose you. And I know that I'm way older than you, but we're basically the same if vampire years and human years were properly compared."

Fionna knew where this was going, and she but her lip in excitement. "What I'm trying to say," he repeated. "Is...... Fionna the human......." He laughed nervously and rubbed the back of his head. "Do you wannah try that marriage thing?"

"Would you please, please, give me the honour if becoming your husband?" He smiled hugely but nervously.

It took her a moment to respond, but when she did it was with no hesitation. "Yeah of course!" She laughed jumping into his arms for a deep hug. The sudden force knocked them over and together they went rolling down the hill into the shallow lake.

They were laughing uncontrollably and she was slightly draped over him awkwardly from the fall. They sat up and looked at each other smiling, then he put his hand in her cheek. She blushed and looked deep into his eyes. Then he leaned in and kissed her.

It was the first time they had kissed on the lips If you can believe it. They were saving it for something special, and the wait was worth it all.

Would Gumball and Cake approve? Who even cares. The thing was that they were happy, the happiest they had ever been. And they couldn't wait to spend their lives together.

But is that really an option at this stage? Or will they have no other choice but to be separated by different dimensions?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello :3 so this is pretty cute right? I'm not actually sure if it was lame or not, so feel free to give your personal opinion. Everyone thinks differently so even If you thought it was bad let me know!

Well, i'll see you when i see you :)

----------------------------------------------------