Nightly ceremonies

"Mother!" Marshall burst through the giant door of his mother's courtyard in a rushed frenzy. "Marshall?" She turned her head away from another woman she was speaking to, a look of confusion on her face. "Yes, darling?" She tilted her head slightly.

"Ashely?!" He spat her name in disgust as if the very sound of it sickened him dearly. "Oh, so you've met her?" Mrs Abadeer smiled calmly before turning away again. "Yes and i want her out of here!" His voice hissed like a dozen snakes.

"Cant be helped." The queen sighed. "The king of the underworld needs a queen by his side as he rules."

"I have Fionna." He snapped.

"Had, Fionna." She snapped back.

Marshall stepped back as if the words had winded him. A giant pain surged throughout his body and paused in his head which pulse viciously as he recoiled back with his arms over his face. "Marshy?" Ashely appeared out of nowhere and put her hands on his shoulders to calm him down. "Get off of me!" He yelled in pain before shoving her off and running to his mother, wrapping his shaking hands around her neck. "Bring her back! I know you can, now do it!" The monster side of him was really beginning to show. She stared back at him, unfazed and emotionless. "I cant raise humans from the dead." She stated. "I cant for Fionna, and i couldn't for your father."

Marshall's eyes widened as he scoffed and let go o her neck, walking back to his room in a huff. Ashely took a few steps, ready to chase after him, but the queen's arm shot out, stopping her in her tracks. "Leave him." She said. "He has a wedding to prepare for."

-------------

Marshall knew what the ceremony was about. He would be taken through some rituals before the moon reaches right above them, meaning midnight. Then he will forget everything and become a new slate to rule the NightO'Sphere. He sighed deeply. It was painful to have to forget Fionna. But is this just an easy way of medical attention? Will it stop the pain that has recently invaded his heart?

He decide that there was nothing else to do. So he changed into a black suit and tied a red tie around his neck, tightening it slightly. He wondered if he could end it all then, tighten the tie up so tight he suffocates. Yet again, his mother would probably raise him from the dead...

With another long, depressed sigh Marshall let go of the tie and exited the room. For a moment he thought he heard someone scream. But as soon as it was over it seemed like nothing but a deam. Is that what Fionna will be after this, just a dream?

Without answering his own question he made his way to the main courtyard and allowed the servants to do some last-minute adjustments to his clothes.

---half an hour later---

He stood at the altar, ready to forget, ready to begin again and start a new life with Ashely. He doubted whether he would ever come to love her, but she must have some good points.

The music started but his expression failed to change from dazed and depressed. Fionna was still on his mind. The music was que for the bride to make her way down the aisle to meet her groom, but no bride came. "Where's the bride?" A voice in the crowd said after a while. Marshall's eyes widened slightly.

"Ashely?" The bridesmaid across from him said cautiously.

Suddenly the doors at the end of the hall burst open with anticipated strength. Mrs Abadeer hid her smile as gasps filled the air.

A flash of blonde blew through the air as Fionna stood at the door. Her pale skin catching everyone's attention, and her fangs shining in the moonlight.

-----------

I HAVE BEEN WAITING TO TYPE THIS MOMENT FOR AGES OMG I HOPE ITS WORTH THE WAIT!