Chapter 3- Movie Day

Katie's P.O.V

I woke up to a loud crashing noise. I instantly shot up in my bed, my eyes scanning my room for anything.

Nothing out of place.

I opened my curtains noticing the sky was dark, and rain was splattering onto my window.

I guessed it was going to be a movie day. I got out my phone and texted Brent.

Me: hey, looks like an inside day today!

Breeeenntt 😘: Yeah, wanna come over and watch movies all day?

Me: sure, I just gotta have some breakfast. I'll be over in an hour or so x

Breeeenntt 😘: Ok, byeeeee x

I shut off my phone and went downstairs to see my mom cooking pancakes.

"Thought I could make you some pancakes since I'm not working today," my mom said, not looking up from the frying pan.

"Thanks, I'm going to head over to Brent's soon to watch some movies," I said while grabbing 2 pancakes.

"Ok, I'll be here the whole day, so text me if you need me"

"Okay, I will," I said with one hand covering my mouth.

I finished off my pancakes and ran upstairs and took a shower. I got out, dried myself, dried my hair and just left it down. I got changed into my onesie and grabbed the essentials (iPhone, lollies, food, etc). I grabbed by umbrella and my black combat boots and quickly ran over to Brent's house and walked in. I let out a sigh of relief because I didn't get drenched.

"Hey honey, Brent's upstairs in his room" Brent's mom said while putting away some groceries.

"Ok, thanks" I said as I took off my boots and ran up the stairs and into Brent's room. He was fixing something on his laptop.

"Hey Brent" I said while getting comfortable on his bed.

"Hey Kae, did you bring lollies?" He asked looking up at me.

"Yup" I said popping the 'p' and bringing them out of my bag.

"Yas" Brent smirked and lunged for my bag.

"No!" I squealed, pulling my bag just out of his reach.

He got off the bed and started chasing me around his room. He finally caught me and tackled me onto the ground.

"You're lucky I caught you or you were going to have to pay" he said lowly.

"Pay what" I said slowly getting out of his grasp and grabbing a pillow.

"Well, first, I would have to do this" he leaned in and just before he could do anything I whacked him in the face with the pillow and got up and jumped onto his bed.

"Hey. You stole my idea" he said while crossing his arms.

"Well, you were too slow weren't ya?" I smiled while getting comfy, once again.

"You still didn't give me the lollies in the end..." He said leaning over to grab them.

"No, I'll give them to you. If you put on my favourite movie" I said with a grin.

"REALLY" he shouted as he scrolled through the movies till he found Frozen.

I grinned and gave him a hug.

"I'm the best, aren't I?" Brent said while giving me a smirk.

"Yes. Yes you are- SHUT UP THE MOVIE IS STARTING" I yelled as the first song started playing.