Chapter 40- Why..?

*Previously*

And before I knew it.

He kissed me.

*Click*

Katie's P.O.V

I put my hand on his chest and pushed him off of me.

"What the fuck was that?" I yelled at him.

"I-I don't know what came over me. I guess I was just caught up in the moment" he scratched the back of his neck... Nervously?

"Well getting 'caught up in the moment' doesn't destroy the fact that I have a boyfriend that lives right through that door. What if someone saw us? Like I said, I have a boyfriend who I'm in love with that could find out. He'd break up with me. The fans would find out why we broke up and hate us for it. They could get the wrong story? Hate me and Brent and you! This is bad. And to top it all off, I keep hearing cameras click so I'm pretty sure someone took pictures of us hugging, holding hands and kissing. Which is bad. This is really, really bad" I panicked. This was a really bad situation, as I was freaking out about before.

"Babe. Relax. No one will find out" he tucked some hair behind my ear, letting his hand linger behind my ear.

*Click*

I swatted his hand away.

"Dude. Stop. There are cameras. Everywhere it seems like" I looked around.

"I can't hear them" he shrugged.

"I think it's best if you go. I'll see ya later"

"Bye Kae" he sighed. He walked off the porch and along the footpath.

I opened the door slowly.

There sat Brent.

With tears in his eyes.

Oh god.

"Baby-" I threw my bag off my shoulder and walked towards him. He got up, storming to me.

"Don't 'baby' me. You fucking kissed Sam. KISSED! Don't I mean anything to you?" he choked out. It hurt me so much to see him like this.

"I didn't kiss him! He kissed me. I pushed him off as soon as I realised what was happening" tears threatened to spill down my face.

"When did you realise? 5 seconds after you knew you liked him more than me?" tears dripping out of his eyes.

"I like him more than you? Bullshit. I'm in love with you. I love how you smile whenever I come near you. How you blush whenever I compliment you. When I kiss you in public. When I embarrass you. How you can always make me laugh. If I ever feel sad, you make me feel the opposite"

For a second there, I thought he would just ignore what I said. But then he looked like he could forgive me, after what Sam did.

He was thinking about it for a good minute before he opened his mouth again.

"I-I believe you. But if I have proof of anything different, we're through" I grinned and nodded.

I ran to him, jumping into his arms. I wrapped my legs around his torso, my arms around his shoulders. My head in the crook of his neck. He secured his hands around me, holding me up, spinning me around. I pulled my head back, looking at him. I brung my hand up, wiping the tears from his eyes.

"You know I'd never like Sam that way, right?" I reassured him.

"I know, but yours and Sam's story is like ours. Best friends forever, one kiss, the rest falls into place" he brung one of his own hands up and wiped a few of my tears.