Chapter 27- We Should Tell Them...

Katie's P.O.V

I was awoken by someone softly shaking me.

"Katie, wake up. We're going to the Griers" he whispered.

I yawned and sat up, to see Brent all changed and ready.

"What time is it?"I asked him. He looked at his phone.

"4:19. You coming?" He tucked his phone back into his pocket.

"Aha. Just let me get ready!" I ran up the stairs, and heard him laughing.

I went into the bathroom and straightened it. I sprayed it with hair conditioner, and smoothed out my hair and my shirt. I put on some mascara and blush, considering I looked like a fricken ghost. And some watermelon lip balm. I walked out and went down the stairs.

"Got my phone?" I asked as he chucked it to me. I caught it.

"Thanks" I smiled. I put on my socks and neon orange Nike's.

We grabbed our boards and rode to the Griers house. We walked in.

"Eyyyy! Franta. Rivera. Ditching, I see" Nash raised an eyebrow. I laughed and put my board next to Brent's, which he put next to our shoes.

"We weren't ditching. Kae had to go to the hospital" Brent shrugged.

"OH MY GOSH WHAT HAPPENED? ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" Livy ran up to me. Everyone looked alarmed.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I passed out, didn't wake up for about an hour then went home and slept. So I didn't 'ditch', I had an excuse" I sat next to Brent on the couch.

"See you're wearing my pants" Hayes smirked.

"Yup, not gonna lie, these are the comfiest things in the world"

"Of course" he snapped his fingers. Oh, he tries. But Skylynn took most of the sass that was meant to go to Hayes and Nash.

"So school today. What happened?" I need to know these things, it's like a girl rule. Always know the gossip at your school. Just kidding. But seriously...

"Well, Dylan's dating Madison" my mouth dropped.

"Really. How?"

"They hooked up at some party and the rest just happened" Nash shrugged.

"How'd you find out?" I was pretty curious because Dylan abuses me, and Madison hates me.

"They walked up to us and talked. Then the bell went and she kissed him" they would never talk to me or my friend unless they were forced.

"Why?" I needed to know full details.

"Why do ya wanna know so bad? Hiding something?" I froze and turned to Brent. He realised what I meant.

"Kae can I talk to you real quick?" I nodded. He lead me into the kitchen and shut the door.

"Are you gonna tell them?"

"I don't know! They can really overprotective and lots of them are their age. I just don't want anyone else involved" I covered my face with my hands as a few tears escaped my eyes.

"Hey, it doesn't matter. Everything will be fine. It'll all work out. But we should tell them" he whispered. I nodded slowly.

He walked up to me and pulled my hands away. He wiped my tears with his thumb, cupped my cheeks and pressed his lips to mine softly.

"You guys alri- oh..." We pulled apart to see Hayes standing there awkwardly.

"We weren't doing anything. But we're fine" I laughed. I interlocked our fingers and walked out.