Chapter 22- Who's He?

Katie's P.O.V

Today we got told that they have started to try and take the tree off, but they'll have to rebuild most of our house. So we decided to redesign our whole house. We're gonna make my room bigger with an attached bathroom, walk-in closet, and a balcony, so I can reach over and go through Brent's window if I get help from him. I'm getting a little plank thing so I can extend it and walk to his room. They trust us. So we'll be staying wih the Rivera's a lot longer than we thought we would be.

Right now we were having a discussion about if we stay here, or go somewhere else for a bit.

"Well, Katie can go stay at Connor's, I'm sure he won't mind. I can go stay at my friends house. She's got a spare room and she doesn't have any kids or a husband"

"But you guys are welcome to stay here"

"I don't want to stay here, even if I pay half the bills"

"I think half is too much. There are only two of you, there are 5 of us"

"But it's the least we can do"

"I don't know-"

Me and Brent were just sitting here, watching them talk back and fourth, about us. I don't mind where I go, as long as it's here or Connors.

"Is that fine with you guys?" I was interrupted by my mom.

"I'm sorry. What is?"

"You staying here, and going to Connors one week every month. And I'll be staying here with you, and going to my friends for that week you're with Connor"

"Awesome! I can hang out with Connor more!" I grinned. I turned to Brent. He was happy, but he seemed a bit disappointed that I wasn't staying there all the time.

"It's for the best, babe" I kissed his cheek.

"I know" he smiled.

"So when am I going to Connors?"

"Next week"

"That's in 3 days!"

"Uh. Yeah. Get packing!"

"Brent, help me pack?"

"Sure thing beautiful" we raced up the stairs and into our room. Brent packed all my makeup and toiletries I needed into a bag and I packed some of my clothes and undergarments into a suitcase, even though I'm only going for a week, I needed most of my clothes.

Since there were both of us, it took us about 45 minutes to pack. We lay down on his bed. Brent snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me closer.

"I'm gonna miss our cuddling" he mumbled into my hair.

"We'll still be able to! I'll just be gone for a week every month" I sighed.

"Yeah, till they find it works out well and send you there for longer"

"They won't"

"Oh, they will. Just make sure your mom doesn't make you go" he kissed my forehead.

"She won't be able to separate us for that long!" I grinned.

"So, what ya wanna do today?"

"Well, it's sunny, so... Wanna go to the beach?"

"Sure! Who do you want to come?"

"Uhh, I'll text them all, just go get changed and stuff. I'll get changed soon" I shooed him off and took out my phone.

I decided to text Livy, Hayes, Nash and Cameron. The regulars. They all responded with 'yup' and 'yas' and 'see ya soon'. I told them to meet us at our place in 30 minutes, then we'll go to the beach from here.