Chapter 23- Perfect Together

Katie's P.O.V

I woke up and looked around. SHIT. WE WERE STILL AT THE BEACH. The sun was down, it was dark, and the moon was slowly rising up into the sky. I looked at my phone. 9:28pm. Fuck, we're dead. Missed calls and ignored texts.

"Guys wake up! Wake up!" Brent, Hayes and Olivia sat up, yawning.

"What happened? Where are we?"

"WELL WE ALL FELL ASLEEP AND NO ONE WOKE US UP AND ITS ALMOST 9:30PM OUR PARENTS WILL KILL US!" I yelled, rushing around lacking up our things. Everyone heard what I said and starting packing up too. I slipped on my cover ups, and started towards the pavement.

"We're gonna get killed" I started boarding faster. I shivered.

"You cold?" Brent asked as he took of his jumper and handed it to me.

"Thanks babe. I forgot about bringing one, I didn't think we'd be out this late" I laughed and slipped the jumper over my head.

"What will our parent say!?" I asked, pickup ing up speed.

"I don't know but- KATIE WATCH OUT" I turned my head to see a car coming towards me. I screamed, but I was stuck in the same position. I felt myself being tackled, and someone landing on top of me.

I turned my head.

"B-Brent?" I asked.

"Y-yeah?" He stood up slowly.

"What just happened?"

"Well, a car was coming towards you, and I told you too watch out but you were stuck in the same place. I tackled you down, making sure you wouldn't get hurt" he out his hand out to help me up.

"You risked your life to save mine?" I looked up into his eyes.

"Uh, I wouldn't say risk-" I cut him off my pressing my lips to his.

"Thanks" I pulled back and smiled.

We walked up our driveway and into our house.

"WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU TWO!? YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE BACK FOR THAN 5 HOURS AGO!" Our moms ran towards us. They didn't do anything, but stop in front of us.

"I'm really sorry we're late. We fell asleep, lost track of time, woke up and rode back as fast as we could. But we were almost inside when Katie almost got hit by a car" Brent rushed out of his mouth.

"I understand you were but- WAIT SHE ALMOST GOT KILLED AGAIN!?"

"Uh. Yeah, long story-"

"Well, how did she not get hit?" His mom looked from me to Brent then back to me.

"Well, um. Brent saved me" I smiled.

"It wasn't really- Oh" my mom wrapped Brent in a huge hug and whispered something in his ear that made him smile and blush. I saw him say something else, but I couldn't make out what it was.

Brent's P.O.V

Katie's mom, Monica, hugged me tight.

"I'm glad you're here to protect Katie. I think you two are perfect for each other. You'll last very very long together" I smiled and blushed.

"Thank you" I whispered back. I looked back at Katie. She looked a bit confused.

"I'll tell you later" I mouthed to her. She nodded her head.

"I'm gonna go watch a movie. Brent?"

"Sure" I smiled. We made our way up the stairs and into our room.

"Gonna be gone in a couple days"

"I know" I sighed.

"School tomorrow"

"I know"

"You know you keep saying 'I know' right?"

"I know" I grinned.

"You're such a loser" she ruffled my hair.

"Yeah but I'm your loser" I put my arm around her and kissed her temple.

"So what did my mom tell you?" She asked, sitting on my bed and crossing her legs.

"Oh, um. She said 'I'm glad you're here to protect Katie. I think you two are perfect for each other. You'll last very very long together' when she hugged me" I sat across from her, crossing my legs like hers.

"She's always thought we were secretly dating, but not telling her. She said it gave it away when we were asleep in your bed" she blushed.

"She's not the only one" I smirked. "My mom was a fan too. And someone else too"

"Who?"

"Me" I smiled and pulled her onto my lap.

"Really?" She flopped her arms over my shoulders.

"Yeah, Krent for life" I smiled and connected our lips together. I felt her smile into the kiss. It made me think what made me so lucky to have an amazing girl like her.

"What do ya wanna do now?" I asked, pulling away.

"I'm still tired, even after sleeping. I wanna sleep" she yawned.

"Okay" she hopped off my lap and grabbed her pyjamas and went into the bathroom. I took off my shirt and put on some sweats.

Katie's P.O.V

I locked the door. I slipped off my clothes, bikini and turned the shower on. I stepped under the water and washed my body. I also washed my hair, considering I swam through slat-water, it was all knotted and disgusting. I finished off and stepped out. I dried off and dried my hair with a hair drier. I put an oversized shirt on and some sweats on. I turned and looked in the mirror. My hairs such a mess. I flipped it over, and tied in a messy bun.

I walked out of the bathroom to see Brent passed out on his bed, phone in hand. I smiled and walked over to him. I slipped his phone out of his hand and put it on the dock, I out his alarm on for the morning. Ten times because he wouldn't get up at the first few ones. I leaned down and kissed his forehead.

"Night babe" I whispered, even though he couldn't hear me.

"Night. See ya tomorrow morning" he whispered. He was awake.

I hopped under the covers and out my phone on my dock. I set my alarm he exact same as Brent's. Ugh, school sucks.

I thought about what has happened the past few months. A lot has happened. I got hit by a car and broke my leg, me and Jack got together, we split up, I got together with Brent, hid our relationship for 4 weeks, Hayes and Livy got together, and a lot of other events. The list is endless.

I fell asleep with the same thought in my head.

I love my life, the people in it, and the things and people that make it awesome.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N

Hey guys!

Almost 900 reads 👏

I think this chapter is cute as 😘

Weekend started today!

Yaasss

I got some new nike runners for cross country today 👌

And they're awesome as fuck

Just saying ☺️

Stay Frantastic ☺️👐

Bye beautiful's 💕