Chapter 12

I feel like this song is perfect for the Alessandro and Eva love story! It's honestly so fitting so I'd definitely recommend a listen :)

But here's an update guys. I hope you enjoy. <3

~ ~

Eva

Her dainty fingers wrapped themselves around mine.

The concentration on her face was unwavering and faint mumbles came from her mouth — but I couldn't distinguish the words. They were unclear due to her focus on my hands.

I tried to keep my body still, despite the laughter that was bubbling in the back of my throat. "How's it going?"

Arianna hummed to herself and her eyes briefly glanced up at me. "It's going good," she told me before looking back down at my hands. "I just need to finish the edges."

My lips twisted in an attempt to hold back an amused smile. I had promised Arianna that she could paint my nails, oblivious to the fact that I would have to sit in the same position for 45 minutes. She'd washed off the nail-polish five times before she was actually happy with carrying on.

I think it's safe to say that she's a perfectionist.

Eventually she finished off and clapped her hands together. "I'm finished!"

Looking at my pale-blue nails, my eyes widened in shock at the result. Surprisingly they were almost perfect — except small specks of varnish outside of my nails.

"Good job, Ari." I praised with surprise remaining on my face.

Her face blossomed into a proud smile and her hands bundled together infront of her.

Seems like those 45 minutes paid off.

"Now we're matching." Arianna pointed out, wiggling her identical nails up and grinning widely at me.

My head bobbed and I chuckled in her direction. "We are indeed."

Arianna and I played around the room for the following couple of hours. She introduced me to every single one of her dolls and we made up random games to pass the time.

"Guess what?" She chirped in a giddy tone, rolling her body on the floor and looking up at me.

My lips tilted in a crooked smile and I raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Guess how many dolls I have."

I'd lost count. It was clear that Arianna got spoiled. Even though we practically played with her doll-house whenever we had free-time, she'd always have more to show me. Some of them were cheap ones that were easy to toss around, and others were large and fragile.

"A lot." I responded with a chuckle after thinking for a moment, leaning back on my hands and keeping my eyes on her.

A series of high-pitched giggles erupted from her in response. "I know, but how many?"

A thoughtful hum vibrated through my tightly closed lips. "Hmm... 100?"

Her head shook.