Chapter 20

Leon

The blood trickled from the corner of my eye. Anger was building up inside of me from the past couple of days. I wanted to break out of the chains they'd put me in and murder every single one of them.

If only I could find a way. They wouldn't breathe ever again; they wouldn't be able to throw a single punch, and the sight of their blood splattered across the walls would give me the most satisfaction I had experienced in a long time.

"Tell me," Antonio growled in my face with his eyes black. "My patience is growing thin."

"Then murder me." I dared with my lips twisting in rage. "I'm not going to tell you anything so why don't you just stop wasting your f*cking time?"

He was about to say something when the door swung open. I looked up through my blurry vision and saw one of his men standing there with his face tense. "Boss."

He didn't have to say anything else. Antonio stood from the chair and glared down at me. "I'll be back."

And then he left.

Yet again I was on my own in this f*cking place. It was like hell. They barely gave me enough food and water; luckily I managed to stay alive but I didn't know how long I could stand this kind of torture.

It wasn't the place itself that hurt the most. It wasn't the starving that hurt nor was it the multiple punches and kicks and beatings that I got daily.

It was the oblivion that I had towards my family. Not knowing where they were; not knowing if they were okay; not knowing what their plans were, or whether they were going to fall into a trap and end up here too.

I missed them like f*ck.

The warm liquid that I could smell in the air continued to drip from my eye. I tried to blink back the blood but I made the pain even worse. Idiot.

And then suddenly I heard a familiar voice.

My senses was everywhere but I could still recognise the person as Alberto. What was he doing here?

He was here to save me. Surely! But I didn't understand why he was laughing with Antonio and why he hadn't come here first.

There was something strange going on...

Their conversation was muffled and though I tried to hear what they were saying, I got barely anything.

But then I heard a name. One that instantly brought my heartbeat to a complete stop.

Eva.

They were speaking about Eva. My head hovered forward and I concentrated in an attempt to pick up anything that they were saying.

"At the Estate," I heard Alberto say in the middle of a sentence. "Easy target..."

No! Antonio was never supposed to know about Eva. Alessandro didn't want anyone to know about her; he wanted her to be completely out of the picture, out of any potential danger.

And now the devil himself had knowledge of where she was.

Antonio laughed obnoxiously and then I heard footsteps in the distance which meant Alberto had walked away, followed by louder footsteps towards the shed.

The door creaked open and there he stood. The f*cker. His face was amused and there was a large grin – a proud one that I wanted to rip off his face.

"I've just learnt something new about you," he dragged, sitting on the chair and smirking at me. "You're keeping one of my little rats at your Estate, huh?"