Chapter 33

It's been a while.... I'm sorry :(
I've been really busy and then I had MAJOR writers block for so long. However I have set out the rest of the story in my head more or less so updates should be frequent from now on.
Thank you for your patience and support either way. Much love and happy reading :)
P.S I know this chapter is shorter than usual but it's just because I was feeling guilty so I wanted to update — whether the chapter would be short or not. Just for you guys! But I promise the rest will be longer.

~~

Alessandro

I love you.

Those were only small words that formed one small sentence. But when I heard that sweet tone from my angel — I couldn't help but feel my whole body become light. Not heavy with the burdens I had to carry each and every day. All I felt was happiness and peace.

Paradise.

That's what I received from Eva.

Pure and utter... paradise.

As I looked at myself in the mirror and tried to shave my stubble, I thought about today.

About her.

I'd never been jealous of anyone like that before. But when he was speaking to her like I desired to speak to her, and when I noticed the happiness that she was trying to conceal behind her eyes... happiness that wasn't given by my actions... I felt my chest tighten. And my fists.

All I wanted to do was destroy him.

Replace the happiness that he placed in her eyes with the happiness that I shall place.

Just when I thought about the whole ordeal, I felt an immense sharp pain sting my chin. Wincing sharply, I raised my hand and noticed the blood on my fingers.

"Fuck." I exhaled heavily. It always happened to me.

"Clumsy mood?" A mocking voice chuckled from the door-frame. Usually I would turn over my shoulder and throw daggers at whoever dared to challenge me, but when I looked at who was standing there, my whole face softened.

It was my angel.

Her brown hair was cascading down her neck and shoulders, wavy and shiny as usual.

And she had a teasing look on her face.

"I guess." I raised my eyebrow and sighed, grabbing some tissue from the table and placing it on my small wound.

Eva began walking over to where I was, and I watched her delicate movements until she was standing above me. Her glassy eyes gazed down at me and she placed her hands on my head — running her fingers through my locks of dark hair.

"You should be careful," she whispered with an absent-minded gaze. Her eyes travelled all over my face before they rested on my eyes, locking them and never letting them go.

"I will be careful."

Her hands left my skin and she kneeled down so that she was smaller than I was. Her fingers ran across my chin and she grabbed the razor blade. "I'll finish you off," she insisted with a gentle tone, narrowing her eyes at where the cut was. "Don't worry. I'll be gentle."

I had no doubt about it.

I allowed Eva to finish my shave off.