Chapter 42

Eva

I dreamed about you last night.

I was a little girl and you were a little boy.

You were with your parents. They were telling you about how they fell in love, and your eyes were shining in interest. You wanted to meet someone that would love you as much as your mother loved your father. Your soul was reaching for mine — but our hearts didn't know one another yet. I was sitting before my paintbrushes. Painting helped me to escape the darkness in my life, and I thought nothing could ever calm me like painting could. Little did I know that I'd meet you, and you'd love me in a way that made me forget about the darkness altogether.

The years couldn't go by fast enough. Our souls were waiting patiently for our hearts to intertwine.

We grew up and I faced the worst parts of my life without your comfort. My hope was growing thinner and thinner.

That was until I decided to sleep on a park-bench. In the darkness of the night — I picked that one bench and somehow I was led to my fate...

You.

I met you and I immediately felt as though my destiny had finally arrived. You were dark and cold yet your warmth was enough to battle the Winter nights.

It took time for us to completely trust in one another. But as soon as we had given our hearts to each other — our love blossomed and blossomed until finally I couldn't survive a single day without you.

You were my light in the darkest days. The demons chased us constantly yet we managed to find a way to stay afloat.

And I wanted to spend my whole life with you.

I wanted to feel your kisses peppering my skin. I wanted to hear your husky voice in my ear. I wanted to sleep and wake up in your arms — your sleepy breath fanning over my face.

I wanted to be able to admire your features until they grew old and grey. Until our hair was no longer chocolate-brown but brittle and discoloured. Until our lips weren't soft anymore but our kisses were still loving. Until our hands were transparent and our hearts were tired. I wanted to spend each day adventuring with you.

In my dream — you and I were laughing and running across the warm sands of the beach that you'd love to explore with me. Arianna was chasing us and her giggles erupted through the whole beach. Her beautiful features shone and as I picked her up — my heart pounded with a motherly love that would never fade away for her.

We were husband and wife. Happily married without any doubts behind us. I dreamed about the children that we'd have... children of our own.

Little girls with innocence like mine.... little boys with charming habits like yours.

They were beautiful and we promised ourselves that we'd give them the life that was filled with nothing but love. No darkness; just light that would follow them wherever they go, reminding them of the love we've always had for them.

I dreamed about all the memories that we'll make.

All the people that we'd meet. All the places that we'd travel. All the love that we'd spend on one another.

I wondered, could life get any better than having you forever?

Knowing that you'll always stand by my side. Knowing that NOBODY — past, present or future — could ever take you away from me. A world that is safe and peaceful, where our love doesn't have to constantly watch where it goes.

A world where you're alive.

Breathing everyday. In my sight where I can watch you forever.

The bruises on your skin completely gone. The bruises on my skin completely gone.

The ideal world. Where every single person that had ever tried to tear us apart was gone forever.

Where we had fought the demons and won paradise — for us to wander forever.

Dreams are what I saw in your eyes when you gazed at me. Dreams are the beacons of hope that I had in my heart when I was without you. Dreams are the thoughts that drift through my head when you're absent... beautiful thoughts.

And they're what blind me from the truth...

Because you're gone forever.

Never coming back; no matter how many times I plead with fate, you're forever faded from the world.

And when I woke from my dream — that's when I truly felt the burden of heartbreak. The true agony that came with losing your soul-mate.

Losing you....

~

An extra for you guys.
(this isn't the end of the book by the way. Just in case you got confused. It's just a little something to add)