Chapter 30

Hi lovelies. I just wanted to mention the fact that this book isn't rated MATURE and so I haven't gone into much detail. But you can tell what's going on. Just in case people still wanted a reminder since there's obviously sexual references.

Apart from that, happy reading!

~~

She was all that I wanted.

Her perfect beauty was all that I could ever need. And I wanted her engulfed in my embrace, safe and sound from the nightmares that tainted her mind. And I knew that she wanted the same thing.

But she was nervous around the idea of being so close to me. Not because she was shy but more the fact that she had never opened up to anyone like she has with me.

She fears me.

But I was going to prove my love for her. I was going to prove that she was able to open up her heart to me. I was going to prove that I was the one person that wouldn't break her. Because I would never do what the other devils in her life did.

I'd protect her until the day I died. Stand as her saviour, her King, her guardian angel.

And I'd never let her go. Not even with our pasts lurking behind us.

She was mine and I was forever hers.

I watched as her body moved towards me. Slowly and patiently — but I waited for her. Until she was standing at the edge of my bed, her sparkling eyes looking at me for permission.

I turned my body around and sat on the edge, holding her waist with my two hands and looking up at her gorgeous face.

How could anyone be so beautiful? How could anyone make me feel the way she did? Break the guard that I thought I'd have forever?

I noticed how her neck tightened up — meaning she had inhaled sharply — and that only made me smile to myself. At her innocence.

"You're beautiful, Eva," I whispered in a hushed tone, laying my lips on the soft silk of her night-dress but keeping my eyes locked with hers.

Her cheeks grew pink and her hands moved towards my face, caressing my skin and making me smile against her body. The thin material of the dress was the only barrier between her stomach and my lips. And I wanted to break that barrier.

I slowly held the hem of the dress and watched to see how her face changed. To see how she reacted to the gesture. Her eyes moved down and she watched as I lifted the dress further and further up... until I heard her sharp intake of breath when my fingers brushed over the skin of her legs.

"It's okay," I reassured her, gaining her eye-contact once again. I brought my hands up to her face and pulled her towards me. "Trust me."

Her lips pressed against mine and I felt my heart immediately tighten with the love that I had for her. Our lips moved in sync and I brought her body close to mine until she was laying on my chest, her hands resting on my bare shoulders.

My hands travelled down her body before I grabbed her dress that was bundled around her hips, and I slowly lifted it over her head — breaking our kiss for a brief moment.

But in that moment, my eyes locked with hers, and the whole world stilled. Just for us.

"Alessandro," Eva whispered against my mouth, gently.

I held her face in my hands and hummed. Her eyelashes fluttered and I smiled to myself. This was perfect... this was where I belonged, with her.