Chapter 3

-tic-tic-tac-tic-tac-tac-

"Man I really hate this." Lucy sighed as she read over another file.

The blonde slouched over in her lone desk. The lights in the station had gone dim and most of the desks were empty anyway. Lucy had gotten used to working overtime, she wanted to prove that she had what it takes to be a top agent.

"Hey Lucy" the sudden deep voice caused her to jump in her chair.

"Damnit Gray. Don't scare me like that." she took in a deep breath before turning toward her supervising officer.

"Hehe sorry about that. But what are you doing here so late? I figured the chief would've sent you home for that little stunt earlier." he chuckled as he ran his fingers through his thick black spikey hair.

"Nah. He's making me help Levy transfer all the case records to the databases. Ugh." the blonde slumped back in her chair tiredly, her blonde locks were all over the place in her messy bun and she elegantly tucked some strands blocking her eye view behind her ear.

"Well paperwork is better than nothing right?" he smiled gently as he pulled a chair up next to her desk.

In her head Lucy was thinking 'no way paperwork still sucks' but if she wanted to climb to the top ranks then she would have to work as hard as possible to achieve that.

"Yea I guess your right." she sighed as she reorganized the messy files across her desk.

"You should come out drinking with me and Juvia tomorrow night. That new bar just opened up."

"Yea a night out drinking sounds great actually."

"Great." Gray said as he stood up "Don't over do it alright. You've got plenty of time to finish them."

"Yea I know." She said softly.

"I'll see you tomorrow Lucy."

"Night Gray." She waved as she saw him exit through the front department doors.

*
*
*

It was near midnight. Lucy had finished all of her paperwork and was walking alone through the night streets. The only lights coming from the moon and the lamps that decorated streets. She could feel the cool night breeze float around her like a blanket.

It nipped against her bare face but the only thing she could think about was taking a nice hot bath as soon as she was home.
*
*
*
In the shadows of the night streets a pair of two tall muscular figures stayed hidden very conviently.

They walked casually along the sidewalk in baggy black hoodies and dark blue jeans. However both their shiny white grins stood out as the rest of their faces were covered in shadows from their hoods.

Except for a loose pink lock of hair.

"Yea that's her alright." a low husky voice spoke.

"Well I'll be damned Gajeel." the pink haired man added as she looked upon the blonde girl.

"This is gonna be fun." The spiky pink head grinned before him and the other man known as Gajeel.